2017 Civic Type R press drive in June. Reviews arrive June 19!

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Is that confirmed? Didn't think people were getting them that early. Earliest I've seen is July!?
Yup , it's confirmed I talked with my salesmen & sales manager the dates on their lookup system are correct mine has ETA date June 8th means that's the date it arrives on the lot , I already have my vin my car is number 429 that will be on my plate inside below the shifter -. I'd post my paperwork but they asked me not to until my sale is complete
Sponsored

warrendeath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type-R 'Hellbat'
Yup , it's confirmed I talked with my salesmen & sales manager the dates on their lookup system are correct mine has ETA date June 8th means that's the date it arrives on the lot , I already have my vin my car is number 429 that will be on my plate inside below the shifter -. I'd post my paperwork but they asked me not to until my sale is complete
Pretty darn jealous then!

jtrown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Civic Hybrid, 2010 Accord Crosstour, Rallye Red CTR
Man I sure hope that works out. What a pisser, I can't get the color of the damn tires (I think their black) from any dealerships close to me and you guys are talking delivery in two weeks? Who's running this operation anyway? Why the secrets and the playing dumb( maybe their not playing). It just seems that if the cars are rolling into Ohio in two weeks that Honda should step up and announce an MSRP.....

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Man I sure hope that works out. What a pisser, I can't get the color of the damn tires (I think their black) from any dealerships close to me and you guys are talking delivery in two weeks? Who's running this operation anyway? Why the secrets and the playing dumb( maybe their not playing). It just seems that if the cars are rolling into Ohio in two weeks that Honda should step up and announce an MSRP.....
Honda are probably keeping a close eye on demand and market conditions before committing to an MSRP. Once they announce it, it would be hard to renege. They don't want to price it too high because if it doesn't sell well they'd be forced to either scale back on already-low production or offer incentives - the latter of which is very un-Honda-like. They'd look foolish if they announced an MSRP of $37K and the car didn't sell well forcing them to lower the MSRP to $33K. On the other hand, they don't want to announce an MSRP of $33K if they see enough speculative demand building to where they feel confident it will sell at $35K. They are probably watching the Si very closely as well.

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
All the more reason I'm going to wait for 2018's. You won't be able to take delivery before July and the 18's should be out within 6 months of that.
One of the dealers I contacted about buying their 2017 CTR said, a Honda district manager told them they will be receiving their first 2018 CTR in October and asked them what color they wanted. We'll know around September/October if that is true. Makes sense to me.

The dealer told the district manager CW. Smart choice:headbang:

typerfanboy282

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volkswagen Jetta Mark VI
Pretty darn jealous then!
Yeah the weird part is my paperwork says will sell at MSRP but that has a TBD on it, cause we still don't know msrp , which is scary because I'm supposed to take delivery in 2 weeks, so I'm wondering if ill only find out the price once i see the sticker in the window : O