2017 Civic Type R press drive in June. Reviews arrive June 19!

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Good news... Seems to be lining up with other info I've heard (July) timeframe for being in dealers...
Which would put it for sale in Summer not Spring. If they are going to make good on their word, it needs to be AT dealers before June 22nd, otherwise it won't be for sale in Spring. I would assume since many of the cars are here/on their way, there are very capable of doing just that. It's just a matter of if they will make good on their word at this point. Having a global press event on the 19th does not qualify for "on sale" if 0 people can buy one and drive it home that day.

Here is the quote from Geneva: "The long-awaited Civic Type R, slated to go on sale in the U.S. in late spring with an MSRP in the mid-$30k range..."

Really hoping they don't go and let these cars sit for 2 months now that they are here.

vader2k

Darkside rider & Senior member
First Name
Alonzo-Ignacio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Type R. #433 (EPB). 07 Civic LX (TW)
Country flag
Thank you Admin! Nice to hear about the following news.

Dretlaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring WOP, 2023 Tesla Model Y Perf
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Now all Im going to have, are nightmares of me getting my car "fresh" off the truck June 23rd with 1000kms on the clock, the smell of Poutine and Montreal strippers, and a note from HPJ saying, "Thanks NorthernEX-T, shes broke in for you :thumbsup:"

:(
Could be worse @NorthernEX-T. You could get a note from Sofyang Bey thanking you for breaking her in. We know how gentle he is...NOT! More like a bat out of hell. "Expect Honda to rectify this" and "keeping the power in the meat of the power band." Famous words.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
With F1 Mclaren-Honda team doing so poorly the past 3 years, this event might be giving the CTR negative press.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I mean technically that's still "late spring" by about 3 days... :(
Honda advertised the 2017 Ridgeline as "Coming Spring 2016". It officially went on sale June 21, 2016. The last day of Spring 2016 was June 20. :)

Last edited:

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Honda advertised the 2017 Ridgeline as "Coming Spring 2016". It officially went on sale June 21, 2016. The last day of Spring 2016 was June 20. :)
Exactly. I expect the same for the CTR.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Remember that he is comparing the base trim level in the UK. If we only get one trim level until 2018 then ours will probably be closer to $37K to start with the cheaper version coming as a 2018.
Or maybe the UK GT trim comes with the carbon wing and such and our Touring trim is actually equivalent to their entry trim. That would put us at $35K. Hmmm... yeah I may be totally wrong on the $37K.

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
Yeah, but I feel like they are ready to go at this point and are just delaying for the Si to sell some units first. Based on the cars we see coming in and on the trailers headed here, it certainly seems like they could put a mass quantity out by the end of Spring, but who knows except them I guess.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag

samaximuss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Passat
Country flag
$40k? (I think we can probably get them here in the mid $30s unless dealers add their markup prices)

http://www.motortrend.com/news/honda-civic-type-r-pricing-announced-u-k/

I'm loving this car but finding it hard to spend $40k when you have AWD kings (RS / STI) in the same range. RS has more power, surely the STI after the upcoming refresh might get a power bump. So aside from being a rare unicorn (like the RS was), what is the reason for many of you for buying this car over the other two when considering the numbers (power / $$$)?

HondaFan2017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 PMM CTR (ex BMW 420d GC)
Country flag
You can bet that they won't start sales until 19th June.
Otherwise what any good for this press reviews embargo? Press is forbidden to publish information but users that purchased the car before can publish. Come on.

They like to play marketing, sync with sport events. Luring, postponing. Meanwhile people are wasting their time/energy digging for any possible info. I don't think this is a professional attitude from a big car maker.
In response to this I won't even bother to pass by the dealerships in my area. I'll let them boil expecting clients for another while until next year at least.

Last edited:

js4square

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic lx 2016 MT
Montreal road are the worst ! It will be a nice test to see if the comfort mode does his job !
Sponsored