2017 Civic Type R Championship White Spotted in SoCal!

OP
OP
thedailyrey

thedailyrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Civic Si (SOLD), '08 Civic Si, '21 CTR
Country flag
I also want to share a little bit of information regarding the license plate on the Type R that I took a video of. Those are manufacturer license plates from Honda. About two years ago, one of my best friends sent me a photo of a Honda that she did not recognize. When I saw the picture, it was a Honda City, which isn't sold here in the US. It had the same exact license plate number as the Type R in the picture! So I am almost certain that when you see that license plate on a Honda, it's from the corporate office here in SoCal and not a regular person's vehicle. Just a little extra info!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Type R Championship White Spotted in SoCal! IMG_20150128_080821_zps8c84d43e.JPG
Sponsored

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes I apologize for that, I took the video on my Snapchat, hence the low video quality. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7, so i presume that the quality of the video would have been much better had I not taken the video on Snapchat! Hopefully sometime in the future I can catch something else and I'll record it in landscape mode and in HD! :thumbsup:
#Snapchat strikes again... I swear, grabbing the highest quality video/pics is always first on my mind in situations like these... Posting to social media is last lol... please think of your fellow forum members next time before thinking to post a snap that will disappear after 10 seconds lol

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
This looks to be entirely wrapped with a white wrap... The rear vents kinda look to be functional but it's hard to tell with such a low res image/video...

Btw, I'm totally not knocking your phone but please upgrade asap and shoot in landscape next time :p... You're my only source in the US with video/pic ability and I need you ready!!
Actually, looking at it again, did it lol like they tapped up the rear vents a little, with the same white tape they covered the badges with? May just be my imagination Lol

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The more I look at the larger picture the more convinced I am that the car is wrapped, not just taped.

Notice the wrinkles on the tailgate, the soft edges of the rear vents, and a lack of a clear line between the bumper and the rear quarter panel.

BKTMKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Civic Si
The more I look at the larger picture the more convinced I am that the car is wrapped, not just taped.

Notice the wrinkles on the tailgate, the soft edges of the rear vents, and a lack of a clear line between the bumper and the rear quarter panel.
Unfortunately I am thinking you are probably right. It would have been nice to have gotten to see a specific color, but at least you can get a slight idea of what the White might look like. Still nice to look at though.

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
If it's a wrap that's a shame as I'd love to see it have the rear wing always in black instead of body color. I think that is bad ass on white in particular. It ties in with all the other black accents.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
It does 2 quick shifts in the video. Sounds more like a Ducal Clutch Transmission. One shift then the second shift is quickly after like using paddle shifters on a DCT.
I laugh because is impossible to tell. There is so much background noise. Even the person recording the video couldn't hear it.

The problems with DCT are that they are expensive to maintain, expensive to upgrade and not as reliable as a Manual.

Currently own a car with a DCT.

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
Im glad they widened the side air ducts. Also Looking at the rear bumper its clear that the car is wearing a white wrap. Probably to keep any minor production details out of view.

Roddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Looks good actually. Right up there with the Focus RS -
Sponsored