2017 Civic Si Sedan vs Accord Sport (manual)

siddarth90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 lx
Hi Guys, I am currently in the market for a 4 door sedan car. I currently have an 8th gen civic coupe now. My major concerns are baby seat placement, driving feel and long term reliability. My son is currently on a front facing baby seat. I know the civic has grown but not sure how big compared to the accord. This car will be the primary family vehicle. Both me and my wife are over 6 ft. Has anyone had the same dilemma ? Thanks in advance
Sponsored

bane3d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Kia Sorrento SXL, 2015 Kia Soul +
Country flag
Hi Guys, I am currently in the market for a 4 door sedan car. I currently have an 8th gen civic coupe now. My major concerns are baby seat placement, driving feel and long term reliability. My son is currently on a front facing baby seat. I know the civic has grown but not sure how big compared to the accord. This car will be the primary family vehicle. Both me and my wife are over 6 ft. Has anyone had the same dilemma ? Thanks in advance
In a couple of months or less, the new 2018 Accord Sport should be released. I'd wait.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For what it's worth I have no issues with my daughter in the back of my hatchback in a forward facing seat, but my wife is not nearly as tall and does not require as much legroom as yours likely does. I may would wait and take a look at the 2018 Accord (with the 2.0T).

T_A_H

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan 2012 Honda Accord LX-P
Country flag
What do we expect the 2.0 sport to MSRP for?

OnTheGround

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX. 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t 6MT
I'd expect the Civic Si and Accord 1.5t Sport to be about the same price (We should know tomorrow for sure). The power/weight ratio on the Accord 1.5t and the Civic EX-T is about the same, so the Si will be a bit faster than the Accord. Personally however, especially for a daily driver with a family, I'd go for the Accord. More space (Back seat is like a limo I've heard), and you can use 89 octane gas. Also, with the engine being lower tuned I'd expect it to last longer than the Si's

Again, pricing should be official tomorrow but I'm hearing about $29,900 (Just under 30k) for the Accord Sport 2.0t M/T (And I'm sure a lot of them will have ADM). For me, personally, that's a bit too much to chew on if it's going to be a family/commuter car, but if you can comfortably afford it that's where I wish I could go; Practically an Accord Si.

ChrisSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan, 2009 Pilot
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Again, pricing should be official tomorrow but I'm hearing about $29,900 (Just under 30k) for the Accord Sport 2.0t M/T (And I'm sure a lot of them will have ADM). For me, personally, that's a bit too much to chew on if it's going to be a family/commuter car, but if you can comfortably afford it that's where I wish I could go; Practically an Accord Si.
Yep, $30,310 MSRP for Accord Sport 2.0T. It COULD have been an Accord Si, but they put the "sport mode" and adaptive suspension only in the Touring. Because that makes sense.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Yep, $30,310 MSRP for Accord Sport 2.0T. It COULD have been an Accord Si, but they put the "sport mode" and adaptive suspension only in the Touring. Because that makes sense.
No LSD or aggressively bolstered seating either. A good platform to build but not to run out-of-the-box.

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
I think the SI will still handle better. I had the previous 2013 Accord Sport with a 6mt and it was a fun car. 30k is a lot more than an Si though. I do like the 2.0t so maybe my next car in a year or so.

OnTheGround

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport. 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX. 2018 Honda Accord Sport 1.5t 6MT
Accord is a family sedan, not ever meant for the track.
And when you read the OP's post, he indicated that this would be a family car, not a track car. I think that a 1.5t Accord would probably be a better fit for a family than a Civic Si, which is why I'm strongly considering bypassing the Civic myself in favor of an Accord 1.5t (I don't have a family yet, but hope to take care of that soon). The Accord still handles decently for a day-to-day family car, it has a manual transmission, decent gas mileage, the same power-to-weight ratio as a Civic EX-T, and a cavernous back seat (More than enough room for a car seat, or a growing child whom you don't want kicking your seat).

The 2.0t is nice and all, but it's expensive and is probably way more car than the OP needs. The 1.5t Sport costs a hair over what an Si costs, and probably has a bit more room for negotiating.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I'd wait and get the 2018 Accord 1.5T if this is going to be purely for a family car.

Not a lot of price difference compared to civic but larger, more comfortable, quieter, and more tech.

Gerothius777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #318, 2017 Odyssey EX-L RES
Country flag
I use my Si as a family car and it suits me fine. Also depends on how many kids you have. I have 5 so my SI is used on part time duty. 1 in High School, 2 in elementary, 1 in VPK and 1 is @ home cause she's still a baby. With that said Baby seats fit great into the SI ( I have 2 ). I can fit 3 in the back with 2 car seats and a booster with my oldest in the front. I also have an 2017 Honda EX-L RES Odyssey also that my wife drives when we all need to go on a journey. Remember they are Honda's :)

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
The Accord is a nice car but I don't get this obsession with fastbacks... IMO that's the biggest thing it has going against it. I don't care whether its an Accord or Audi, fastbacks are just fugly in my books. Personal tastes I guess but its hard for me to overcome and why I wasn't so crazy about the current Civic sedan either. The Si spoiler actually helps lessen the fastback effect so its the best looking Civic sedan in my books. Just wish they had used blacked out side trim like the hatchbacks have too.

jeremiah

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe, 1999 Lexus Gs300
The Accord is a nice car but I don't get this obsession with fastbacks... IMO that's the biggest thing it has going against it. I don't care whether its an Accord or Audi, fastbacks are just fugly in my books. Personal tastes I guess but its hard for me to overcome and why I wasn't so crazy about the current Civic sedan either. The Si spoiler actually helps lessen the fastback effect so its the best looking Civic sedan in my books. Just wish they had used blacked out side trim like the hatchbacks have too.
Its one of the automotive trends going on right now, I dont find the fastback design ugly but I am also not crazy in love with it either.
My gripe is the rake angle of the back window on my coupe makes rearward visibility/backing more difficult...I just depend on the back up camera for assistance.
Sponsored