2017 Civic Si on sale tomorrow, Saturday May 13! Starts at $23,900

slayerx02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FG2 , 2020 FC3
Country flag
Man at this price point I am so tempted to trade in my FG2! Kinda disappointed they opted for a repair a flat instead of a donut, but oh well easily remedied I suppose. Can't wait to see reviews from regular folks and auto journos, also can't wait to see what Hondata and the aftermarket can do with these cars.
Sponsored

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly with that pricing it makes the EXT manual almost useless. Why get the EXT manual if you can get a full blown Si for just slightly more? The only perk of the EXT would be using regular fuel, adjustable headrests, and possibly cheaper insurance rates. I wonder if honda will bother keeping the EXT manual trim option around if they see the Si stepping all over sales.

On a side note, i wish i could learn to drive a manual. Anyone want to teach me? My dad never got around to it. haha. Come the end of my lease on my EXT coupe, i'd totally rock an Si coupe, even if stop and go traffic would be a pain in the a**

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
LOVE the pricing. Looks like I will need to see CARdealer Stig when I get home.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Si on sale tomorrow, Saturday May 13!  Starts at $23,900 IMG_8910.JPG

Last edited:

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Price seems good, considering the specs. The only thing I don't like is the rear bumper on the sedan.
I wonder if the SI is going to force dealerships to get rid of manual ext and sport hatches at big discount...

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
I wonder if the SI is going to force dealerships to get rid of manual ext and sport hatches at big discount...
There wouldn't be much to get rid of. :) A quick check on Cars.com shows about 65,500 Civics for sale. About 800 - a little more than 1% - have manual transmissions.

Tonezorz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Series.Yellow BRZ, 2014 Legacy, 2015 Crosstrek. Previous: 2011 Miata GT PRHT 2009 Forester XT, 2007 Cobalt
The only thing I don't like is the rear bumper on the sedan.
I imagine we'll see standard Civic sedan bumper to Si conversions. May need to be cut to fit the exhaust, though...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I imagine we'll see standard Civic sedan bumper to Si conversions. May need to be cut to fit the exhaust, though...
That's an odd thing to say since it's usually the other way around lol

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
The MSRP (excluding destination) for the 2015 Si sedan was $23,090 with an invoice price of $21,451 representing a markup of about 7.6%. Based on this markup and given the 2017 Si's MSRP of $23,900, the invoice price of the 2017 should be about $22,200. A holdback of 2% of the base MSRP would be $478 giving the dealer about $2,200 profit if sold at MSRP and purchased with cash with no other markups or add-ons.

Here's how the deal would look if I paid full MSRP:

$24,775 (full MSRP including destination)
+1,548 (6.25% state sales tax)
+200 (title & license)
=$26,523 (out-the-door cash price)

The dealer's profit on this sale would be about $2,200.

My offer will be a nice, round, out-the-door cash price of $25,000 even. Here's how that deal would look:

$23,341 (required selling price based on my offer)
+1,459 (6.25% state sales tax)
+200 (title & license)
=$25,000 (out-the-door cash price)

The dealer's profit on this sale would be about $863.
Where's the doc (or stealer) fee?

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
That's not weird at all. That just goes to prove, once again, that most (if not all) dealers have about the same amount of information about upcoming things from Honda as "regular people".
doesn't matter how stupid you think dealerships are - if a car is going on sale "tomorrow", then that means it's on the lot being PDI'd now or going to be delivered and PDI'd tomorrow and the service department has left room in the schedule to PDI an incoming truck.

No "regular people" are going to know that.

Post Deliver Inspections only take a few hours. You can not buy a car that is not PDI'd. A PDI is the last step before a car can be for sale.

I don't care what Honda marketing says, you aren't buying anything until it's real and drive-able, which isn't going to happen until a service department runs a PDI and then hands the inventory to the sales manager.

Unless they timed this press release of "on sale" perfectly with every delivery truck going across the nation to each dealership to arrive tomorrow, then this is just a product announcement.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am going to wait a while and get $3,000 off of the MSRP+destination, like I did with 2015 Si . . . . probably early 2018. There won't be much (general public) excitement with the new Si, at least not a type that will be sustained. Once CTR comes out, no one will be paying attention to Si.

Too bad that there is no remote starter built in . . . but the heated seats are a nice surprise on cloth seats. I am surprised that they are not selling a Nav version.

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
doesn't matter how stupid you think dealerships are - if a car is going on sale "tomorrow", then that means it's on the lot being PDI'd now or going to be delivered and PDI'd tomorrow and the service department has left room in the schedule to PDI an incoming truck.

No "regular people" are going to know that.

Post Deliver Inspections only take a few hours. You can not buy a car that is not PDI'd. A PDI is the last step before a car can be for sale.

I don't care what Honda marketing says, you aren't buying anything until it's real and drive-able, which isn't going to happen until a service department runs a PDI and then hands the inventory to the sales manager.

Unless they timed this press release of "on sale" perfectly with every delivery truck going across the nation to each dealership to arrive tomorrow, then this is just a product announcement.
Well, can't the stealers sell the car (i.e., sign the purchase agreement) tomorrow and deliver the car a few days later? That's how it's usually done to allow time for insurance, registration, PDI, etc., no?

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
Where's the doc (or stealer) fee?
Don't pay it. If they insist that it's required to appear on the sales order, then insist that it be offset by increasing the value of your trade or decreasing the selling price of the new vehicle. I never pay attention to individual line items - the number at the very bottom of the form is the only one that matters. :)

I am going to wait a while and get $3,000 off of the MSRP+destination, like I did with 2015 Si . . . . probably early 2018. There won't be much (general public) excitement with the new Si, at least not a type that will be sustained.
I though the same thing when I bought my Ridgeline just days after launch when demand and excitement were high and supply was low. I could have waited and got an even better deal than I already did, but I would have deprived myself the enjoyment of driving it for the last year. I'll never miss that savings and I'm glad I bought it when I did. Life's too short.

Last edited:

exyia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SportTouring Hatch, 2010 EvoX SE
Country flag
Well, can't the stealers sell the car (i.e., sign the purchase agreement) tomorrow and deliver the car a few days later? That's how it's usually done to allow time for insurance, registration, PDI, etc., no?
If Honda's dealer network (each manufacturer can be different on how they like to run) has full invoices digitally/available to the dealership (so they can run their paperwork), then yes - which, what do you know, that is something the sales manager would know over "regular people".

But usually this is paperwork bundled physically IN each car, which is taken out during the PDI, then the dealership files into their system. Only then is a car actually "for sale".

So if you're excited you could be driving an Si tomorrow? I doubt it - this just looks like a press release announcement to me.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
On a side note, i wish i could learn to drive a manual. Anyone want to teach me? My dad never got around to it. haha. Come the end of my lease on my EXT coupe, i'd totally rock an Si coupe, even if stop and go traffic would be a pain in the a**
Giving this post some attention in case we have any other Ohio members. Let's not let this guy pass up the Si!
Sponsored