Archangel

Archangel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R CW #00006
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To concur, this car's handling is, by far, it's shining point. I put a upper front strut bar on, and even with the crappy all seasons, it cuts corners like a demon. I'm still testing out it's limits, but I haven't found them yet.
This!! I just got out of the break in period and finally had a chance to open her up on some back roads. The chassis is very composed and handles like roller coaster, I just haven't found a good way to heel and toe, the pedal placement is a little off for my right foot. The engine/transmission combo is spot on, the shifter feels like a fine bolt action rifle with it's perfect shifts. I never found myself out of the power band and the LSD is like butter! If I had the extra income for a set of sticky tires I'd love to track this car and explore the limits.

Aero2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TSX, 2010, 6MT
Country flag
To concur, this car's handling is, by far, it's shining point. I put a upper front strut bar on, and even with the crappy all seasons, it cuts corners like a demon. I'm still testing out it's limits, but I haven't found them yet.
Cool! Which strut bar did you use? In my experience, those can make a big difference, and I'm surprised the Si doesn't have one from the factory. Heck, even my 2010 Fusion gained fairly crisp turn-in with a strut bar.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cool! Which strut bar did you use? In my experience, those can make a big difference, and I'm surprised the Si doesn't have one from the factory. Heck, even my 2010 Fusion gained fairly crisp turn-in with a strut bar.
I got it from @procivic It is a Sirimoto I believe.

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
This!! I just got out of the break in period and finally had a chance to open her up on some back roads. The chassis is very composed and handles like roller coaster, I just haven't found a good way to heel and toe, the pedal placement is a little off for my right foot. The engine/transmission combo is spot on, the shifter feels like a fine bolt action rifle with it's perfect shifts. I never found myself out of the power band and the LSD is like butter! If I had the extra income for a set of sticky tires I'd love to track this car and explore the limits.
Acuity is making a Pedal Relocation Bracket :)
http://www.civicx.com/threads/acuity-pedal-relocation-bracket.15497/

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Side note, its really good to know the Si has higher rear spring rates. Not a bad thing to keep in mind when considering aftermarket suspension options.
Rear ARB too, as I'm sure you're aware. :)

This is the first car I've had that I've considered leaving the suspension "as is." You really can't feel any of its understeer until right at the limit. At most, I might add a Type R rear bar or go with HFP. But yes, I feel the setup is that good.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Rear ARB too, as I'm sure you're aware. :)

This is the first car I've had that I've considered leaving the suspension "as is." You really can't feel any of its understeer until right at the limit. At most, I might add a Type R rear bar or go with HFP. But yes, I feel the setup is that good.
I'm quite surprised how stable this car is at 80mph+, for such a light vehicle. Of course, I would never go over the posted speed limit here in PA....:thumbsup:

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
0.97g for the skidpad. I wonder how the Sedan would fair.
Thinking pretty close, I own the sedan and with Michelin summer tires-Sport Pilot S4- the grip is almost unbreakable on dry roads. Plus the front/rear balance is actually better on the sedan.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
0.97g is a pretty tenacious grip for a $25K stock car. That bests the latest Mazda MX-5 Miata with factory Summer performance tires by 0.07g!
Sponsored