Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
IMPORTANT: This product is not designed for public highway or street use, and is only legal for formally sanctioned race use on a racing vehicle that may never be used on a public highway or street.

Hondata just released a video explaining the new Civic Si FlashPro and the power gains using their +6 PSI basemap. One of the great things about the new 10th Gen Civic is that the FlashPro basemaps perform pretty much flawlessly. From our datalogging, the air/fuel ratios and other engine parameters were right on point with where they should be, at least for the factory intake setup on our 2017 Si.

Worth checking out whether or not you own a FlashPro:

Sponsored

Last edited:

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I REALLY want to buy Hondata and do the +6 psi tune. I eventually will but for now I will just enjoy my new car and get some good miles on it before any mods/tuning.

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
watching this makes it really hard to decide on the $950 it would cost to do a ktuner and vit with priority or just do $695 with hondata and be done with it.

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
watching this makes it really hard to decide on the $950 it would cost to do a ktuner and vit with priority or just do $695 with hondata and be done with it.
So many people have jumped from Hondata to ktuner, myself included. Learn from our mistakes...

Remember you are planning more performance mods in the future.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anyone know if their dyno results are flywheel or at the wheel? They are saying it makes 205hp and 221lbs stock, without any tuning? This is quite an increase, if this is at the wheel, from what Honda publishes.

Fastmodz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fastmodz.com
Vehicle(s)
1986 CRX
Hondata just released a video explaining the new Civic Si FlashPro and the power gains using their +6 PSI basemap. One of the great things about the new 10th Gen Civic is that the FlashPro basemaps perform pretty much flawlessly. From our datalogging, the air/fuel ratios and other engine parameters were right on point with where they should be, at least for the factory intake setup on our 2017 Si.

Worth checking out whether or not you own a FlashPro:

Great video thank you!

Canteenboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Anyone know if their dyno results are flywheel or at the wheel? They are saying it makes 205hp and 221lbs stock, without any tuning? This is quite an increase, if this is at the wheel, from what Honda publishes.
I believe it was done on a Dynapack dyno so it's measured at the hubs.

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So that means the Si is putting out like 20 more hp and 30 more lbs than what Honda says? My math is adding 15% for flywheel calculation.

JDM_DOHC_SiR

Uncle Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Acura TLX Type-S / 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It was done at church automotive .. and their dynapack numbers are always known to read about 5~7% higher than a normal dynapack:hmm:

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
It was done at church automotive .. and their dynapack numbers are always known to read about 5~7% higher than a normal dynapack:hmm:
Correct, Church's dyno reads pretty close to flywheel (manufacturer advertised) horsepower. So it looks like the Si is probably a little bit underrated, but it does depend on the conditions during the dyno run. The coolant temps and knock control need to be at optimal levels for the best run.

Ninjaneer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI Coupe
So many people have jumped from Hondata to ktuner, myself included. Learn from our mistakes...

Remember you are planning more performance mods in the future.
Making sure I read this correctly: You purchased ktuner and you think it was a mistake?

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
He's saying that purchasing Hondata was the mistake and should have went with KTuner the first time.

Making sure I read this correctly: You purchased ktuner and you think it was a mistake?