2017 Civic Si 4dr Headlight bulb changes?

woodysrounup

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I am exciting to join this forum! I am still trying to figure out how to upload a photo for a profile picture so bare with the "?". I literally just purchased the 2017 Si last night, and already knew it came with the LED daytime running lights, though I think it has a clash with the basic yellow halogens. I have heard of Phillips Crystal Vision bulbs and was wondering if the sizing for such things matters, and if so do I need to wait until they release proper sizes for my car? I am open to suggestions on other's experiences with other bulbs/styles (though at this time I am not interested in HID's because my first true upgrade will be to the sound system).
Sponsored

H23civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I am exciting to join this forum! I am still trying to figure out how to upload a photo for a profile picture so bare with the "?". I literally just purchased the 2017 Si last night, and already knew it came with the LED daytime running lights, though I think it has a clash with the basic yellow halogens. I have heard of Phillips Crystal Vision bulbs and was wondering if the sizing for such things matters, and if so do I need to wait until they release proper sizes for my car? I am open to suggestions on other's experiences with other bulbs/styles (though at this time I am not interested in HID's because my first true upgrade will be to the sound system).
Any h11 bulbs will work. That's what our factory low beams are. You should do some research on different bulbs styles and brands. There are direct replacements available for halogen and led bulbs. All have different light outputs. There is a post about led lights further down if you want to see different results by myself and others.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Best value proposition is to just buy halogen H9 bulbs (if you wish in a color of 5000 to 6000K)and modify to fit the low beam stock H11.

You'll go from 1350 lumens to 2100 lumens for under $30

derekjl

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 VW GTI, 2007 Infiniti G37x
Country flag
Hello everyone,

In my personal opinion, I would go with any H11 bulb from the major brands like Osram, Philips, Sylvania. These are readily available at Wal Mart, NAPA, any other auto part store. If you're looking for "whiter", a lot of times you will get less light output due to the "filter" over the capsule of the bulb, but depending on the application this can be barely noticeable if at all. I would think that a bulb labeled as "5000 kelvin" would match the LED running lights as closely as possible, maybe even a "4000 kelvin". The stock halogens are most likely around 3000 kelvin. I personally would not go the HID or LED route unless you're willing to spend $$. Many off brands will not last and are not made to DOT regulations.

jsanz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan CBP
Country flag
Hello everyone,

I know a few other guys have done this on here as well. I copied them and love the results! Took me about 10 mins if that. Match the DRLs perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LCE19OI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I know there's a thread with some good pictures. Just my suggestion!

cmwalton16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe ABM, 2016 Civic Touring CBP
Country flag
Morimoto H11 2 stroke LED. I also changed my fogs to Phillips XtremeVision 6K LEDs. Here’s a shot before and after fog install, the stock headlights matched the fog light color (for comparison).

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Si 4dr Headlight bulb changes? IMG_1872.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Si 4dr Headlight bulb changes? IMG_1884.JPG

OP
OP
woodysrounup

woodysrounup

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si 4dr
Country flag
Morimoto H11 2 stroke LED. I also changed my fogs to Phillips XtremeVision 6K LEDs. Here’s a shot before and after fog install, the stock headlights matched the fog light color (for comparison).

IMG_1872.JPG

IMG_1884.JPG
Hey Walton, how'd you get the Type R badge on your Si? That looks dope!