2017 civic lx hatch or fit SE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda civic LX
Country flag
hi I was looking at the civic lx hatchback or the fit se model..what are your reviews on each of them
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's safe to say we may have a bit of a Civic bias on this forum. I love my Civic hatchback. Did not bother to check out the Fit. My biggest draw to the Civic was the 1.5T/6MT combo. It's no race car but it's enough to have a lot of fun with and is overall an excellent daily driver.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I test drove both the Fit and the Civic. I will say this the Fit is a nice small car to get you to point a to point b with no fuss, no muss but no fun. It can hold a lot but its interior is a lot smaller than the Civic and I found the seat bottom to be a bit shorter in length than I am comfortable with. But you get a lot of bells and whistles for the price but check out what bells and whistles the Fit offers vs the Civic, they are not the same.
The Civic hatchback is bigger and roomier inside than the Fit. The Civic will get you to point a to point b with no fuss, no muss but a lot of fun driving. The seats are bit bigger as is the interior room. The Civic is heavier than the Fit but that does not take away from the fun of the turbo engine. You can fit five more comfortably in the Civic than the Fit.
My previous car was a 2015 Honda Civic Coupe loved the car but WISHED the engine had more ooomph than it did.
Look at your budget and see if you want a BASIC commuting car or a BASIC commuting car fun to drive. All the extra bells and whistles are nice but if you check out the forums you can see that having all the bells and whistles do not guarantee a trouble free ride. Also the Civic is overall has more interior room for storing stuff and passengers and driver. The head room can be lacking in the Civic but that for me is a minor thing.

dp58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic hatchback
I think the hatchback will get better gas mileage than the Fit. You have to try to get it (not much city driving and lite on the throttle) but my last four fill ups were 48.1-49.7-47.8-47.4 and that's doing the math at the pump. At 400+ miles per tank, love it.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Drove a coworker's Fit once, rode in it a handful of times.

It's okay for what it is. IMO it'd be tiresome driving longer distances or anything other than lots of local/city driving. Does not have nearly a refined ride as the Civic does, the Fit always seems bouncy over every surface.

My stance is I'd pay the extra few $$$$ even if just for the LX.

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I would buy the Civic in a heartbeat over the unFit. Engine in the Fit just can't compare, and its really an econobox inside too.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Remember it costs about $1,000 to go up a trim level. I picked the sport cause I wanted the higher tuned engine and I really did not need all the bells and whistles on the EX. The sport trim is basically an LX with some cosmetic enhancements. straight dual exhaust out the back, and differently tuned engine. Don't let the dealer pile on a bunch of stuff they use to mark up the OTD price.

surge83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Crystal Black Pearl Civic Hatchback EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
What is this FIT you speak of? #civic :bonk:

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Get the Civic. It is just hands down a better built more refined car for the money. You will be happier in the long run.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
The Civic hatchback is bigger and roomier inside than the Fit. The Civic will get you to point a to point b with no fuss, no muss but a lot of fun driving. The seats are bit bigger as is the interior room. The Civic is heavier than the Fit but that does not take away from the fun of the turbo engine. You can fit five more comfortably in the Civic than the Fit.
... Also the Civic is overall has more interior room for storing stuff and passengers and driver. The head room can be lacking in the Civic but that for me is a minor thing.
Believe it or not, the Fit has more interior cargo space than the hatchback. I'd say it's also more versatile because of the magic seats. The Fit has more headroom, rear legroom, than the Civic Hatchback, but the Civic Hatchback has more shoulder and hip room. The passenger volume is close (Civic Hatchback has 2 cu. ft more)

I wish they made a Fit Si. I want more than 130 HP! It'd be sweet if Honda put the 1.5L Turbo in the Fit! :D

CDub_1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L Navi, 1995 Accord EX-L
Country flag
I think the hatchback will get better gas mileage than the Fit. You have to try to get it (not much city driving and lite on the throttle) but my last four fill ups were 48.1-49.7-47.8-47.4 and that's doing the math at the pump. At 400+ miles per tank, love it.
Those are insane numbers. I drive mostly highway during my 100 mile daily commute and I can't get anywhere near that kind of mileage. I'd say I get on average about 36 MPG and about 350 miles on a tank. I use 91 octane which is the highest available in OK I believe and I can't stand the neutering eco mode. Maybe I drive mine a little harder than you do lol?

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Maybe I drive mine a little harder than you do lol?
I'm getting 33-34 on the Sport hatch with its bigger tires... and a lot of stop/go traffic in my commute. Never on Eco and I have Hondata +6 psi... solid MPGs if you ask me... I'm sure I can push it into the high 30s easily on steady state highway cruising.

surge83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Crystal Black Pearl Civic Hatchback EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
@CDub_1988 If you want high MPG results you need to run ECO mode or a custom flash tune. I went from 32-33 mpg to low 40's switching to eco during my 80 miles daily commute using 87 octane

CDub_1988

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX-L Navi, 1995 Accord EX-L
Country flag
I'm getting 33-34 on the Sport hatch with its bigger tires... and a lot of stop/go traffic in my commute. Never on Eco and I have Hondata +6 psi... solid MPGs if you ask me... I'm sure I can push it into the high 30s easily on steady state highway cruising.
How easy is it to do the Hondata tune? Does it require spending $700 for the module or is there something else I'm not seeing?

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I bought the civic lx with honda sensing and even though sensing allows it to be an auto pilot on the highway with lkas and acc I just enjoy driving the car on my own too much to use them.
Sponsored