2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Couldnt you just cut open the vents with a little patience and a dremel if they bother you so much? I have thought about it but i don't really car whether my vents are opened or closed.
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Couldnt you just cut open the vents with a little patience and a dremel if they bother you so much? I have thought about it but i don't really car whether my vents are opened or closed.
That would make them functional... may actually have a negative impact on aerodynamics though. And of course the fact that they're there in the first place is the sour point...

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics upload_2016-8-3_9-49-28

Here's an example of good front end execution - although their cooling requirements are much less than ICE.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Surprisingly, all the new Kia models (like the Forte shown below) have functional front vents that help with aerodynamics and cool the brakes. Why can't Honda do that?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatchback (US market) spy pics Untitle1d

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
This thread is great, all the sedan owners calling this childish. We're all driving Honda civics, not exactly the epitome of class and sophistication.
If you're referring to me I don't have a sedan and I'm entitled to my opinion....

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Fake vents are not cool but I'm on the lookout for them now. Mercedes C class in my neighborhood has huge ones on the front bumper. My 2016 MDX has huge amounts of fake vent/grille out front and hidden tailpipes. I'm sure there are more.
Honda would actually be going against the normal if they reduce the grilles - not that it would be a bad thing.
Yes, it seems many car manufacturers are adding the fake vents nowadays, including Mercedes, Acura, BMW, etc. I find it extremely annoying. Not sure what started this trend, but it's quite possibly due to the new European and Asian government regulations forcing car manufacturers to increase the hood height.

http://www.caranddriver.com/feature...rian-protection-regs-make-cars-fatter-feature

I'm thinking that designers are adding the fake vents in order to visually "break up" the high front end to make it look more sporty, helping hide the fact that it's a block-nose. As a side note: The low-beltline/large greenhouse designs that Honda used throughout the 90's could not even be built and sold today. Thanks big nanny state govt!

SpartanSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX and Honda CR-V
Country flag
Fake vents are not cool but I'm on the lookout for them now. Mercedes C class in my neighborhood has huge ones on the front bumper. My 2016 MDX has huge amounts of fake vent/grille out front and hidden tailpipes. I'm sure there are more.
Honda would actually be going against the normal if they reduce the grilles - not that it would be a bad thing.
Am thinking that someone will simply 3D print some new vents that can be inserted to replace the faux ones from the factory. Would think the aftermarket industry would be all over this once the vehicles hit the dealer lots.

Shralper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Acura RSX Type S
Country flag
Am thinking that someone will simply 3D print some new vents that can be inserted to replace the faux ones from the factory. Would think the aftermarket industry would be all over this once the vehicles hit the dealer lots.
It's not that simple though. You will still need to cut big holes in your bumper to allow air to flow through them.

As far as I can tell, the faux vents are just glued on a solid bumper. Why else would they be fake? And depending on how the bumper is designed, it might not even be possible to realistically cut through it even if you wanted to. The whole purpose of a bumper is for bumping things. It should be solid.

Last edited:

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting photos in that link. Are those computer renders or photos of an actual automobile? I can't tell :lol:
The photos look real, they're just really really color boosted to make them look super shiny and glossy. I saw these in another article just about an hour ago, so they might be real.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
My sarcasmeter is off lol. So I'll just add that Auto Express contracts with Avarvarii regularly to do renderings of spy photos.

It's a mockup.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
I have never leased before. The price was attractive but I could never bring myself to do it. I guess just sit down and do the math and see if the lease was fair.. down $$$$ + payment for 60months. Mileage allowance and penalty charge and option to buy. Estimated residual value. If it all pans out to invoice or less then your cool. :)
Yea I never liked leasing in the past did one time before. And you are TOTALLY right about Hondas holding value. I was going to hold off and buy one but my 09 G6 Ponticrap was starting to give me problems so to me it made sense. And I don't feel like if I got a tiny ding (which I did already) makes me as mad as if I owned it. The person when I trade in wont even notice it but I do. Plus my work is 8 miles away so 12000 miles a year is no big deal. Obviously downsides to leasing but for the next three years I am all set. And being a firsthonda owner feels good, real good ha. Love all the technology and MPG is awesome.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
So glad I have the option to get either a sedan or 5 door( Next time) which to me does not look like a station wagon like the mazda 3 5 door does to me.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
Out of curiosity - how do you think the "1st Model Year blues" issues some people are experiencing will effect the Hatchback?

Of course the hatchback will be in its 1st production cycle in a different facility. But are many of the issues some have experienced "Civic Platform" issues that should be ironed out across all facilities, or specific production line issues?
I too am hoping a lot of the first year model issues will be ironed out on the Hatchback. But if they don't announce something firm soon I will have to move forward with an Accord, which is not a bad thing but I really wanted the Hatchback.
Sponsored