2017 Civic hatchback mods..

Bmacd99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic hatchback mods.. IMG_3400.JPG
So I bought a hatch sport about 2 weeks ago and I'm looking at throwing in some hid's, and contemplating an exhaust/muffler change to get a throatier sound. Since it has a turbo how hard would it be to retune if I changed exhausts and what brand/size lights should I be looking for?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
You don't need a "retune" if you change exhaust.

For HIDs I recommend Morimoto. A little more expensive than shitty ebay kits, but you have to pay to play.

Nice looking car!

OP
OP

Bmacd99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don't need a "retune" if you change exhaust.

For HIDs I recommend Morimoto. A little more expensive than shitty ebay kits, but you have to pay to play.

Nice looking car!
Thanks! I'll look into them,I never mind paying more for quality

pato217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic ex 2010 Subaru sti BMW e30 Honda S2000 Toyota 4runner
Hey man how did you get your hatchback sport so fast because here they sell out within a hour and I wanted to know how did you get it so fast because I'm looking to get one very soon

OP
OP

Bmacd99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey man how did you get your hatchback sport so fast because here they sell out within a hour and I wanted to know how did you get it so fast because I'm looking to get one very soon
I was there the day they took it off the truck you can call a dealer and have them get you one via dealer trade or order one for you

Bawb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O.o
IMG_3400.JPG
So I bought a hatch sport about 2 weeks ago and I'm looking at throwing in some hid's, and contemplating an exhaust/muffler change to get a throatier sound. Since it has a turbo how hard would it be to retune if I changed exhausts and what brand/size lights should I be looking for?
Please don't be an idiot when it comes to aftermarket headlights - Keep in mind there are other people on the road you will be blinding the hell out of. Which is exactly what everyone is doing when they just throw HIDs into halogen housings. The Retrofit Source has some nice stuff for proper HID conversions, but they probably don't have Civic specific stuff yet.

OP
OP

Bmacd99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please don't be an idiot when it comes to aftermarket headlights - Keep in mind there are other people on the road you will be blinding the hell out of. Which is exactly what everyone is doing when they just throw HIDs into halogen housings. The Retrofit Source has some nice stuff for proper HID conversions, but they probably don't have Civic specific stuff yet.
They already have projector housings
came with projector housing with yellow halogen bulbs

Bawb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
O.o
They already have projector housings

came with projector housing with yellow halogen bulbs
Yeah, it doesn't matter. It's not as bad as reflector housings, i'll give it that, but it isn't ideal either - at least it wont be like these dickheads putting straight up LED Flood lights in their Jeep headlights.
My WRX had projector housings too, but the lenses are different for HID, they're way more intense and the light is focused differently; I had to swap out the projectors.

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Congrats on the Civic

I would look into Hondata for a tune

Huey Louie Dewey

First Name
Jarod