2017 Civic Hatch owners question

aussiecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Greetings from down under. I have a question regarding boot size of the new Civic Hatch.

I recently let go of my 2013 Civic Hatch and purchased a Honda HR-V for the extra space in the back. I'm immediately regretting this decision and want to either go back to the 9th generation Civic or wait until the 10th gen hatch is released in Australia.

Can one of you lucky owners please measure the height of the boot/trunk and if possible also the height from the bottom of the spare wheel cavity to the top of the inside of the roof?

The reason is I own a parrot and constantly move a bird cage around that is 83cm tall. On the 9th generation Civic I could just fit the bird cage in the boot/trunk if I removed the spare wheel.

I've driven the new civic sedan and I like the new engine but if the new hatch is not going to be tall enough in the boot then I'm going to have to go back to the the 9th Generation Civic as the HR-V is just a far inferior car to any Civic.
Sponsored

xcoreflyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport (Traded in), 2022 BIG PRIUS
Country flag
I dont think anything I say would change your opinion on the HR-V. My family has both. I bought myself a 2017 Hatchback sport as my own graduation gift. My mother has a 2016 base trim HR-V. The HR-V is a cool reliable workhorse. The North American one also came with the old Civic engine.

OP
OP

aussiecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
I dont think anything I say would change your opinion on the HR-V. My family has both. I bought myself a 2017 Hatchback sport as my own graduation gift. My mother has a 2016 base trim HR-V. The HR-V is a cool reliable workhorse. The North American one also came with the old Civic engine.
Oh absolutely it will carry everything but its just not as fun as a civic. Do you mind measuring the height of the boot from boot floor to roof and bottom of spare wheel well to roof please?

OP
OP

aussiecivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Is it possible to get that measurement? I just need the height because it will determine whether or not I grab and old one now or wait until the 10th gen hatch hits ours shores

xcivicx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 SI coupe in black
Country flag
27x34 in inches

67cm x 86cm

78cm from bottom of spare tire well to just before it smacks the window

these are only some what accurate
Sponsored

Last edited: