2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
2017 Civic Hatch Brochure
Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info 29526770190_caeceae31e_b
Civic Hatch by Jay DeVries, on Flickr

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info 29819637505_54bc5652ff_b

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info 29783806886_fdbe25d2e1_b

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info 29193330173_ab4b0d2ee1_b

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info 29191887324_f03f43a250_b

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info 29736798401_2af40d8721_b

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info 29706518482_63c4923db5_b

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic Hatch Info/Brochure & Trim Info 29526770260_c83553acdf_b

Sorry for all the pictures. Just figured you would all want this information.
It also appears that Honda Sensing is not an available feature to get on the Sport model.

whudgens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 Civic, 1995 Civic,
Wow 540 watts!!! Thank you for the new brochure!! This is great! - take my money now!

AdamWeishaupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX, 2016 Civic Toruing
Maybe I'm blind, but it looked like the sport touring pictures had blacked out accents, instead of chrome. But I don't see "black" listed anywhere in the trim levels.

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got done with the training for the new hatch. Honda also says in the training that the power steering and CVT have been adjusted for a sportier feel.

AdamWeishaupt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic EX, 2016 Civic Toruing
Only way to get the 12 speakers, is to also get 18" wheels? No regular non-sport touring trim? That's a shame.. I might just need to get over the wheel size.

mpdescha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mazda Protege5
Seeing this just pisses me off all over again that they shat so hard on manual enthusiasts with this car. The sport is a joke. Literally zero useful features over the lx. I reallllly wanted to convince myself I can compromise and deal with Honda's crap packaging for the hatch manual, (overlooking the lack of AA/CarPlay, heated seats, crappy 4 speaker stereo, no camera) but I honestly cannot make myself spend money on a brand new car that doesn't have variable intermittent wipers. WTF Honda.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I agree 100%. No heated side mirrors either. Pretty basic stuff these days. And a 4 speaker stereo in the Sport? The hatch will be sold at a premium price.

Truthfully, I think the best bet for a manual enthusiast who doesn't want something so stripped of features are the upcoming EX-T sedans and coupes with a manual. Don't understand why the EX hatch doesn't get a manual. It's a very odd choice by Honda.

Have you checked out the European hatch lineup? It's much more feature packed than what we get. Adjustable dampers. Real blind spot and cross traffic (radar) monitoring. Why does the US get the shaft?

Last edited:

mpdescha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mazda Protege5
If they sell the sport 6mt for a higher price than the sedan ex-t 6mt they are loony. At this point it almost seems like a deliberate attempt to make the manual obsolete. "See no one wants a manual, so we're discontinuing it." Yeah, because you offered it in the shitcan models. You're not slick, Honda.

OP
OP
Jay.DeVries

Jay.DeVries

Yee Yee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From a dealership point of view, anytime we ever order a manual, it sits forever. But like you said, it may be because it isn't offered in any desirable models.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Jay that's what it is. It's the which came first, chicken or the egg analogy. Manuals are generally only offered in the more basic models. But there are plenty of people that like amenities AND performance. Matter of fact, the Mazda3 S Grand touring models come with the manual and I've read that over 10% of those top of the line models are sold with the manual trans. Now 10% isn't huge but it's still a decent chunk of sales.

I'm more PO'ed at the amount of extra tech and performance features the European hatch is getting over the North American version:

http://www.automotiveworld.com/news-releases/new-2017-civic-hatchback/

Look at the additional safety tech on the Euro models:

The Honda SENSING suite of active safety technologies includes:

• Collision Mitigation Braking System: helps to bring the car to a stop if the system determines that a collision with a vehicle detected in front is unavoidable.
  • Lane Departure Warning: will detect if the car is straying out of its current lane without the turn signal being activated.
  • Road Departure Mitigation: uses data from the windscreen-mounted camera to detect whether the car is veering off the road. It uses the Electric Power Steering (EPS) to apply subtle corrections to keep the vehicle in its lane, and in certain situations can also apply braking force.
  • Lane Keeping Assist System: helps to keep the car in the middle of the current lane, by detecting road markings and making small steering adjustments to steer the vehicle within the white lines.
  • Adaptive Cruise Control: allows the driver to set a desired speed and following distance from a vehicle detected ahead.
  • Traffic Sign Recognition: detects and automatically recognises road signs and displays the signs on the carā€™s instrument binnacleā€™s
  • Intelligent Speed Assistance: combines the automatic speed limit set by the driver with TSR to automatically adjust the vehicle speed to that indicated by the last road sign
  • Intelligent Adaptive Cruise Control: Predicts and automatically reacts to other vehicles ā€˜cutting-inā€™ on multi-lane highways.
Further safety technologies in the all-new Civic include:

• Blind Spot Information: uses radar technology to automatically detect and alert of vehicles in the driverā€™s blind spot
  • Cross Traffic Monitor: uses rear side radar sensors to warn the driver of approaching vehicles when reversing
  • Multi-angle rear view camera: provides the driver with options for complete visibility and therefore peace-of-mind when reversing; a normal 130 degree view, a wide 180 degree view and a top-down view
And check this out:

Suspension and damping

Front

MacPherson Strut

Adaptive damper system (on certain grades)

Rear

Multi-link

Adaptive damper system (on certain grades)
The Euro hatch has a button on the console to adjust the ride.
I feel like the US gets the inferior version of the car.

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wow this trim level stuff is absolute bonkers. If only you could combined EX + Sport but not go all the way to Sport Touring. Too much stuff on the Sport Touring that I don't need.
Sponsored