2017 Civic 1.5T boost tests, Economy on and off - Video

mno86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I'm not expert but I do keep track of my fuel economy on every tank. 90% of my driving is to and from work- same route and relative traffic daily.

I consistently get 2-3 mpg more in Econ mode than I do without.

Now, whether that's because I've adapted my driving style to smoothly drive in the "delay" from Econ, I'm not sure, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I find it much harder to stay in the green with Econ off than I do with it on, even though I enjoy the better throttle response.
Sponsored

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What really bothers me about the whole turbo and turbo meter is that the Sport hatch doesn't have one... I know the interior is similar to the lx but the SPORT trim should have a TURBO METER. It just makes sense...?
Never used it, my ass can feel it better than that slow 80s videogame

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No turbo boost meter? Deal breaker lol.. Like I can handle no sunroof, no remote or push button start, no heated mirrors, no heated seats, no lane watch, no upgraded infotainment system, no tweeters, no sat or HD Radio. But no Turbo meter? That is the last straw.. :(

What really bothers me about the whole turbo and turbo meter is that the Sport hatch doesn't have one... I know the interior is similar to the lx but the SPORT trim should have a TURBO METER. It just makes sense...?

mykcivicx016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2002, Toyota Corolla S 2014, Honda Civic EX-T 2016
I only used Eco mode to throttle down the acceleration response... it feels like you are dragging another vehicle.... so to avoid overspeeding... esp. when there is a speedtrap nearby!

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No turbo boost meter? Deal breaker lol.. Like I can handle no sunroof, no remote or push button start, no heated mirrors, no heated seats, no lane watch, no upgraded infotainment system, no tweeters, no sat or HD Radio. But no Turbo meter? That is the last straw.. :(
Yea, I've never been a guy of luxury. I'd rather just have a basic interior and USEFUL features. But no turbo meter for something like a sport trim is just a fail.

OP
OP
HondaPro

HondaPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT Civic & 2017 Civic ExT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The 29k Sport Touring has the Turbo meter. ;) haha

Yea, I've never been a guy of luxury. I'd rather just have a basic interior and USEFUL features. But no turbo meter for something like a sport trim is just a fail.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Country flag
Exactly---I agree..as a matter of fact that was the 1st thing I looked for when I bought my sport..I started playing with the menu buttons/odometer and zilch..nada..nothing wtf!?
Is there a cool looking turbo boost meter you might know off that I can get?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I highly doubt it's there but did you go into the settings where you can customize the dash and see if its something you can add, and its just disabled by default?

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Exactly---I agree..as a matter of fact that was the 1st thing I looked for when I bought my sport..I started playing with the menu buttons/odometer and zilch..nada..nothing wtf!?
Is there a cool looking turbo boost meter you might know off that I can get?
Yea, i'm like really honda? my 2014 civic sedan lx had more menu options...

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I highly doubt it's there but did you go into the settings where you can customize the dash and see if its something you can add, and its just disabled by default?
Unfortunately with the sport the settings button only control the crappy radio.
If you push the trip odometer button you get into the dash where all you get is mpg,odometer and trip mileage..oh and oil life----sucks

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
The exterior is Amazing on the sport,...
But the inside leaves a lot missing
This is exactly why i went woth a ex-t sedan with a manual trans... Adding sport pedals and the such in the mext month.. Imho.. The ext sedam with prem fuel leeks just like the sport.. And i sure am enjoying heated seats and my boost gauge... Although if i was doing a sport and tuning i would have gotten a analog pod gauge.. Specially to get a true representation of boost lvls... As the stock digital lcd is not as acurate.

Bmorecivic

Bmore turbo civic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This is exactly why i went woth a ex-t sedan with a manual trans... Adding sport pedals and the such in the mext month.. Imho.. The ext sedam with prem fuel leeks just like the sport.. And i sure am enjoying heated seats and my boost gauge... Although if i was doing a sport and tuning i would have gotten a analog pod gauge.. Specially to get a true representation of boost lvls... As the stock digital lcd is not as acurate.
Any ideas where I can get one of those boost gauges?
Sponsored