2017 Civic 1.5T boost tests, Economy on and off - Video

midengine driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport , 2019 Buick Encore AWD, Sold 3800SC Fiero had a few Fieros
Country flag
Couldn't have dropped the kid off at home for this video? :hmm:
I think it is funny. I Love the little ones comments. Hmm some people here forgot they were once annoying little brats.
Sponsored

Last edited:

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Come on, you've never sped (maybe not 15 over but that was only for a second) when you're family was in the car plus that was only for a second. There was no flying around corners, pulling e brakes, racing other cars, etc... I was waiting for this but figured I'd just deal with people giving me crap because I didn't feel I "endangered" her any more than putting her in a car on any other normal day where I may not be speeding but there's 15x the amount of cars around me on the road in both directions. I mean there's at least 2 wrecks(fender benders) on the freeway on my drive home from work every single day.

;) That's me btw, if you couldn't figure by now... Lol. Alright, everybody, let me have it :umbrella:
I can't speak for the person you're quoting, but I would ask the same question - not because you're endangering a kid, but because of how annoying the kid is throughout the video.

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
It's just an un-nessesary risk that could have been avoided imo. Whatever, carry on.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I can't speak for the person you're quoting, but I would ask the same question - not because you're endangering a kid, but because of how annoying the kid is throughout the video.
I personally love listening to her ramble (what father wouldn't, right?) But I can understand not everybody would, so I cut most of it out. But now that we have a second kid mom's always busy and she loves to hang out with dad and when I went to leave she said she wanted to go. She wanted to go with me when I raced that 550i the other day and for that I definitely said no because it's a whole different situation than this video.

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found an official technical paper from Honda China that shows in a graph how the Econ works. At around 80% of throttle it doesn't cut power anymore. It is from 9th gen Civic, I imagine they kept this in addition to some kind of boost control.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 Civic 1.5T boost tests, Economy on and off - Video 440257467244030391

source: autohome.com.cn

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah, somebody replied to my video that is a tech or maybe just salesman up in Canada and said econ is bypassed @ 85% throttle. I am going to start driving w/o econ and see how my mileage is effected through a mostly city driving tank. Because I never really drive easy but definitely feel the lag every soft because I don't go above 85% I guess. Would be nice for boost to build faster daily but if I drop too far from my ~36mpg tanks I'll just stick with it on since its still quick enough w/ econ for the slightly spirited driving I do around town.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I personally love listening to her ramble (what father wouldn't, right?) But I can understand not everybody would, so I cut most of it out. But now that we have a second kid mom's always busy and she loves to hang out with dad and when I went to leave she said she wanted to go. She wanted to go with me when I raced that 550i the other day and for that I definitely said no because it's a whole different situation than this video.
My boy wanted to go on my test run of my BOV so i let him and he is talking all through my video. Dont sweat it man, do what you do. I think my kid says some funny stuff too.

VitViper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Even beating on our car I'll still average 35-40mpg, this motor makes 80-90hp without boost, not sure I could stand driving without it, lol.

airgas1998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' civic touring sedan
Country flag
Even beating on our car I'll still average 35-40mpg, this motor makes 80-90hp without boost, not sure I could stand driving without it, lol.
a whoopin 91.5cuin such a massive engine

SilverGhost

Ktuner tuned X2 CivicX.
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EXT,2017 Sport Hatchback09 Fit
Vehicle Showcase
On a trip to Des Moines from southern Iowa at 70 MPH yesterday I only got 31.6 MPG.Thats tuned on 91 octane.About 100 miles round trip on I-35 flat HWY.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
On a trip to Des Moines from southern Iowa at 70 MPH yesterday I only got 31.6 MPG.Thats tuned on 91 octane.About 100 miles round trip on I-35 flat HWY.
Head wind both ways? Lol. I feel like our crv gets WAY better mileage doing 60/65 vs 70/75 but I don't feel like it affects my civic much.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yea if I take the backroad twisted country route at 55 I get almost 40 MPG
Hmmm... I drive 45 miles each way to work and in the mining doing 65/70 ill get close to 40. Actually have beaten it a couple times. Driving around 35/45 mph roads w/o many stop lights/signs I'll get about the same. Traffic is the only way I'm not getting 35

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What really bothers me about the whole turbo and turbo meter is that the Sport hatch doesn't have one... I know the interior is similar to the lx but the SPORT trim should have a TURBO METER. It just makes sense...?
Sponsored