2017 1.5 MT Dyno Results

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
I am a nob with this topic but will there be a flashpro tune for when a downpipe is available? Wonder how much extra the 1.5t can make with a DP, intake and a tune. And how much more that CVT can handle.
Sponsored

Xyrex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'86 Honda Prelude
I am a nob with this topic but will there be a flashpro tune for when a downpipe is available? Wonder how much extra the 1.5t can make with a DP, intake and a tune. And how much more that CVT can handle.
Honestly I wouldn't ever trust a cvt in a car I was adding a substantial amount of power to. They tend to get a bit "melty."

dastanli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry, Tacoma
Country flag
What would be considered substantial though? And what is this "melty" that you speak of? I know that they were design for their power level but the subaru and nissan cvt's seem to be holding up pretty well. The Maxima especially.

ElpacoSV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6 ; Civic FK7G4
Country flag
Hondata's tune blows the CR-V tune out of the water, not even close between the two.
What I'm interested is maximize power with regular gaz and by stiking with Honda setup, I'm sure parts will last as much as CRV.

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How much additional power does anyone think could be eeked out of the car with it still running 87 octane? Or with a bump up to 89?

Doublestack00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
But the CVT has the advantage that it is always much closer to the correct gear for on-road performance and it has the advantage that it gets to the turbo spool RPM point faster.

I'd say this depends on the drive.

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
How much additional power does anyone think could be eeked out of the car with it still running 87 octane? Or with a bump up to 89?
In general the 91 octane gives about 6-10 more hp over the 87 octane. This is just from what I've seen. We don't have the FlashPro in hand yet to test for ourselves.

Canndo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda White 4-Door -Turbo 1.5
Hey new here. I got my civic 1.5 T back 12-03-2015. What a kick. Dyno it 1-13-16. This a stock ride. ECO was pulled couple of times. And then regular plus on the other. K&N filter will take fuel mileage from you. A lot better accent time from dead stop and boost change also. Fuel/air becomes rich. We have 39.678 miles on it and 85 octane. A friend of ours has gotten a flashed ECM , strong mid range but we walk away on top. Pulling cars in econ mode is a blast. You half to time it right and it will get. The stock filter pull a lot air on one side. The right side one is four moths .Left side is filter is 7 moth old. You can as the filter move along in time ,the more sold are collected in mainly one spot. The people where we got it pulled at was smiling about why would you want to pull a stock. Behind him was 4 banger making 525HP EVO . If this helps other then we all win. Hey this car was 1,423.86 more the my 2010 civic EXL. And by the way, switch this little car to (E) and I belt you that it would get 65-123 HP stock. My other ride runs on (E) This car can get fuel mileage if you drive it right, and run little, but have fun with it.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 1.5 MT Dyno Results DSCN1342.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 1.5 MT Dyno Results DSCN1339.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 1.5 MT Dyno Results DSCN1246.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen 2017 1.5 MT Dyno Results DSCN1334.JPG

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think he's saying that he dyno'd it stock last year; the top line is Econ, bottom is regular mode, which seems backwards from what I would expect torque wise.
The lines look highlighted to me.

I'm not sure what he means by the K&N filter's effect on mileage. It seems to me that a greater airflow would not result in a richer mixture; either the mass-flow sensor should compensate, or the mixture would be lean because of the extra oxygen. Since you would be getting slightly more power for any given throttle position, I'd expect the impact on mileage to be negligible in regular driving, unless you are running it hard all the time.

I'm also not sure what he means by running it on (E). Ethanol?