2016 Maintenance Schedule

FreeLunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
So in the past, I've been used to seeing a maintenance schedule that says at 30k do this, 60k do this, etc. Does this exist for the 16 Civic? If I want to know when the bigger services are scheduled, I can plan for them.

Thanks in advance...
Sponsored

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Change the oil when it tells you to, change the air filter every 35k or so, change spark plugs and wires roughly every 75k, and you should be good. Anything else you just gotta fix it as it comes.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So in the past, I've been used to seeing a maintenance schedule that says at 30k do this, 60k do this, etc. Does this exist for the 16 Civic? If I want to know when the bigger services are scheduled, I can plan for them.

Thanks in advance...
Nope, everything major is through the Maintenance Minder. Unfortunately, Honda doesn't provide a "range" of when major services would typically be done (they're rolled into oil changes).

Probably (speculation): Air filters at 30k, transmission fluid at 50k, spark plugs and coolant at 100k. Brake fluid every 3 years.

OP
OP

FreeLunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
That's annoying as I usually like to schedule my bigger service appointments for when it's convenient for me. What happens if the maintenance minder breaks? How often does it tell you to change your oil? Just curious...

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brake fluid every 3 years.
How many people actually change their brake fluid every 3 years. I'm not arguing, just saying. I've never changed out the brake fluid in a car. And don't start quoting me statistics of how I'm gonna die unless I do it. I was just making a point.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT

Thanks in advance...
I've attached the maintenance schedule for our cars, hope this helps.

Attachments

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How many people actually change their brake fluid every 3 years. I'm not arguing, just saying. I've never changed out the brake fluid in a car. And don't start quoting me statistics of how I'm gonna die unless I do it. I was just making a point.
:) I'm in the same camp as you. Majority of the time I view it as a service advisor's wet dream. And there's lots of people that have no idea what brake fluid is.

But it is in the manual... ;)
Sponsored