Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan Manual

dominican

Enthusiast YouTuber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Honda Prelude, 2002 Honda S2000, 2011 BMW 335d, 2017 Honda Civic Hatch WOP Sport M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would probably not do that, but what you can do is bypass the two mufflers in the back, have a welder chop those two off, and install two straight pipes coming off the back for that nicer look/better sound. It will likely not increase HP, we'll have to wait for the aftermarket to catch up and make exhausts for our cars that we can back up with tunes.

pwschuh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6-speed
Country flag
You cannot tell what an exhaust system is going to sound like until you install it and listen to it. That makes buying straight pipe and mufflers off the Internet problematic. That's also why exhaust manufacturers spend money on engineering kits for specific cars so that they can tune the sound. I also recommend waiting until someone makes a cat-back kit specifically tuned to your car/engine. Whether or not you gain any power depends upon how restrictive the factory exhaust really is. That's the other benefit of waiting for an aftermarket kit as these manufacturers also have the resources to dyno test their systems to prove there is a power benefit. I wouldn't change my exhaust just for a different sound. I would only do it if there was a non-trivial power increase (i.e., more than 5 HP).
Sponsored