2016 Honda Civic Steering Wheel Defects

Jose007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Hello,

Just purchased a new Honda Civic Ex for the wife 2 weeks ago. Upon driving the car the 1st week after the purchase i began to notice that something in the steering wheel was sticking and making contact with my hand every time i made a turned. Making the driving very annoying.

Once i got home took a look a the steering wheel and I notice that their is a 1/8" cut in the bottom of the steering wheel where both rubber surfaces meet and bond to each other. The cut is about 2-3 inches in length. Took the car to the purchasing dealership and they stated my vehicle is normal based on inspecting other new cars in the lot. Went around the lot and inspected a few vehicles my self and found the same cut. The cut sticks out like a sore thumb since know you can see the foam that the rubber grip material is covering.

Now here is my question to anyone , Does anyone have the same steering wheel conditions that i am describing above ? Does anyone have a cut on the very bottom of the steering wheel ?

Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have that same cut under the steering wheel. at first i thought my belt buckle sliced it open like my last civic, but upon closer inspection, it looks like a precise cut down the middle. looks like it was cut there probably when the released it from the mold or something. i do feel it slightly when i make turns, but after like 2 weeks later i barely notice it now.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
No cut here but an annoying plastic "thorn" around the 10-O-Clock position on my vinyl steering wheel which I summarily removed.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
its right on the bottom on the steering wheel. after driving the car for couple weeks i dont really notice it at all anymore

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Steering Wheel Defects 20160722_174741-1

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Steering Wheel Defects 20160722_174810-1

chicubfn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe, 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L
My steering wheel is the same as well.

finneylp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, 2016
Country flag
I have a spot on the top, towards the display that is similar - it is a flaw from injection molding. Certainly annoying when I notice the different material, however it has not increased in size in 12,000 miles

accordst14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX
Country flag
On my 2017 EX I have a notch on the top of my steering wheel facing forward. I brought it in and the tech thought it looked like a cigarette burn and looked at a brand new EX that I parked next to and found the same thing. Told me it was "designed" that way.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Steering Wheel Defects IMG_3824.JPG
Sponsored