Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Feb 2, 2016 - TORRANCE, Calif.
  • Honda division sets new January benchmark on sales of 90,247 vehicles
  • All-new 2016 Honda Civic, the 2016 North American Car of the Year, defies winter weather and competition to net huge sales gain of 54.9 percent and a new January record
  • Acura ILX bucks market trends and unusual month to gain 24.3 percent
American Honda Motor Co., Inc. today reported January sales of 100,497 Honda and Acura vehicles, a decrease of 1.7 percent in an unusual month as the industry endured winter weather on both coasts along with two fewer selling days and one less weekend than January 2015. Honda Division set a new January record with 90,247 units sold; Honda car sales reached 50,812 while truck sales totaled 39,435 for the month. Acura sales totaled 10,250 with sedan sales of 3,570 and trucks reaching 6,680 units in January.

HONDA
Despite the rains of El Nino on the West Coast and ice and a crippling snow storm on the Eastern seaboard, along with two fewer selling days and one less weekend due to quirks in the calendar, Honda sales crested its previous January record set just last year, led by the all-new 2016 Civic Sedan and strongly supported by Accord and HR-V.
  • The Civic demonstrated why it is the newly crowned North American Car of the Year with sales of 26,741, leaping 54.9 percent to set a new January record.
  • Accord held its own despite the winter challenges with sales of 20,765 units.
  • HR-V posted sales of 4,177 to also defy the unusual month.
"Led by incredibly strong demand for the all-new Civic, the Honda brand persevered rain, snow and two fewer selling days to post a strong first month of the year," said Jeff Conrad, senior vice president and general manager of the Honda Division. "With Honda's strong cadence of new models throughout 2016 we will continue our momentum and remain positive about 2016."

ACURA
With a thick blanket of winter snow covering one of the Acura brand's strongest markets in the Northeastern U.S., Acura sales dimmed slightly in January, but the performance of gateway model ILX defied the challenges.
  • Acura's gateway luxury sedan, ILX gained a substantial 24.3 percent on sales of 1,233 in January
"The blowing snow obscured the fact that Acura's momentum continued in January, with both sedan and truck sales essentially on track," said Jon Ikeda, vice president and general manager of the Acura division. "2016 will be an exciting year for Acura with the 2017 NSX on the way to help celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Acura brand."

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Honda Civic Sets New January Sales Record honda-jan-2016sales
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'm a shareholder now guys -- get out there and buy up all the Honda's you can find!!!

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
It isn't 100% accurate obviously, but you can do a search on Cars.com and get a pretty good idea.

ICanLiftACivicUp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wonder how many 2015 civics are on dealers lots?
Most of the dealers in my area have had about a consistent ~20. They'll have to cut the price quite a bit before being tempting enough buyers of the LX and EX models. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get one for $5-6000 under or more at this point.

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Most of the dealers in my area have had about a consistent ~20. They'll have to cut the price quite a bit before being tempting enough buyers of the LX and EX models. I wouldn't be surprised if you could get one for $5-6000 under or more at this point.
I tried really hard to get a deal on a 2015 because there were a LOT of them on the 2 dealership lots I visited. Man, nothing. Like a $1500 cut from MSRP. I asked the sales guy why anyone would buy them near MSRP and he said, "I have no idea why, but they will."

Tack13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Don't buy a 16 until they fix the surging CVT issue.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I tried really hard to get a deal on a 2015 because there were a LOT of them on the 2 dealership lots I visited. Man, nothing. Like a $1500 cut from MSRP. I asked the sales guy why anyone would buy them near MSRP and he said, "I have no idea why, but they will."
I sold a '15 to someone because they didn't want the '16... They were happy to get the deal that in gave them...

You (nor I) would never buy a 15 with 16s being just a bit more, but people have their reasons...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I sold a '15 to someone because they didn't want the '16... They were happy to get the deal that in gave them...

You (nor I) would never buy a 15 with 16s being just a bit more, but people have their reasons...
Good deal dude! I can't see how someone would ever get a taste of HondaSensing and then be like 'nah that's not for me.' I mean I love driving more than eating or breathing, but LDW and steering assist are extremely awesome features. After living with it in the Acura, I wouldn't get a new car without it.

JulieD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring (Sensing)
Don't buy a 16 until they fix the surging CVT issue.
Delearship won't allow customers to buy the 2016 until the pistion problem is sorted out. It is only on certain vins do your research first before you make the Hondas look like trash when they aren't

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I can sort of see buying a base model '15 over a base model '16 for reliability reasons. A loaded '15 vs. a loaded '16, though....it's ridiculous.

As far as Honda Sensing....I'd be fine without it :) I typically turn it off. Not always, and I think it's a cool feature that is worth a $1000 (in this car), but.....I'd rather have parking sensors, to be honest. Or maybe a suspension and tires and steering that are all a little tighter, so that I would never feel like I needed steering assist.

edit: ^up above..the surging CVT issue is a different issue than the piston ring problem.

JulieD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan Touring (Sensing)
I can sort of see buying a base model '15 over a base model '16 for reliability reasons. A loaded '15 vs. a loaded '16, though....it's ridiculous.

As far as Honda Sensing....I'd be fine without it :) I typically turn it off. Not always, and I think it's a cool feature that is worth a $1000 (in this car), but.....I'd rather have parking sensors, to be honest. Or maybe a suspension and tires and steering that are all a little tighter, so that I would never feel like I needed steering assist.

edit: ^up above..the surging CVT issue is a different issue than the piston ring problem.
If you want a 2015, then trade your vehicle in, instead of complaining about things. The 2016 is far better than 2015 HONDA CIVIC TOURING. I would top down like the 2016 over 2015. The 2014 civics I had one, and it sucked in the snow, I traded it for the 2016 and I am happy with my purchase.

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
If you want a 2015, then trade your vehicle in, instead of complaining about things. The 2016 is far better than 2015 HONDA CIVIC TOURING. I would top down like the 2016 over 2015. The 2014 civics I had one, and it sucked in the snow, I traded it for the 2016 and I am happy with my purchase.
You need to work on your reading comprehension, or your politeness. Or both.

SonicHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nismo 350Z, Element SC
Country flag
Mazda sells twice as many Hatchbacks than sedans....I wonder if Honda will sell more HB's than sedans or coupes. The Hatchback Sport seems to be very popular in the early stages.
Sponsored