2016 Honda Civic sedan as a family car?

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
I would like to know if any of you guys and gals use there car with a family and if so how's it working out for you? Let's hear those family story's....
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would like to know if any of you guys and gals use there car with a family and if so how's it working out for you? Let's hear those family story's....
Its just me, myself, and I at the moment, but I've had two 6 footers in the back seat before and they were fine. Plenty of room for kids, babies, or activities that lead to the conception of such.

myriad46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Country flag
Carry around my 4 and 6 year old all the time. Wife too. The kids love it. What are your concerns?

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I just got mine on August 17th... On August 20th we went to an amusement park 2 hours away from the house and I decided we'd take the Civic. We're a family of 4. The kids (boys, 8 and 6) both had a fine time in the back and I enjoyed the ride as well, despite no lumbar support. My wife has major back issues, and sedan seats (no matter the size) really are just tough on her. We were hoping the civic was different.

However, coming from my Mustang (pics here - http://imgur.com/a/aGrq4) this makes things easier. All of us can fit comfortably if needed. I can take the kids for a ride somewhere without having to move my seat all the way to the forward position, and it just makes life easier. As my daily driver, it makes my commute economical as I've been averaging over 40 MPG.

We have a minivan for the family vehicle, but as far as a DD commuter with the side job of family toter, this thing suits us just fine...

Hugh Jazz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic
Why wouldn't a 4 door Sedan be a family car?

Shoot, my 2 door Coupe is my family car.

cstephens79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L, 2016 Kia Sorento SX
Vehicle Showcase
I test drove several vehicles before pulling the trigger on the civic. Golf, Corolla, Elantra, Camry, Jetta, and Accord. This vehicle is supposed to be on a 5 year plan for my son who turns 11 in October. Not so sure that's going to happen now, I'm enjoying it way to much. But my 4 year old daughter and my son are always wanting to take the car everywhere. My wife drives a 16 Kia Sorento SX that used to be the weekend vehicle plus her daily driver. But with the great gas mileage this gets plus the fact this car is a blast to drive it has become much more than just my daily driver. It is truly the family car now.

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
i have 4 kids...(1 is mine, 3 is the bf's). I drive the Civic and sometimes when he gets off work late, I pick up the kids. My daughter (13) rides in the front...his twins (8) ride in the back with booster seats and his eldest (12) rides in the middle. I think the car fits us all fine when I'm towing a car full of kids. Not so sure once they get older but the civic is for my daughter in 3 years. I hope I can part ways with it and give it to her. She one day asked me why I was taking my car to Honda and I told her "because its a Honda" and she panicked and screamed "what??!! its not a Lexus??" LOL my previous car was a IS250 and i told her she could have that when she turned 16 but with engine problems I went and traded it for the civic. Didnt mean to crush her so bad but yup...she's getting a Honda! :)

kirkhilles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Cosmic Blue
We now often drive the Civic as opposed to the Pilot which costs about 2x as much per mile. Works great, just missing DVD player, but often the kids choose it instead which works great for me.

Texancivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
This is the definition of a mainstream family car. Unless you want to convince yourself that you need an SUV.

The room in this new civic makes an accord that much harder to justify.
That would be a fact actual. I looked at the accord because I like bigger cars and trucks, but when I test drove the new civic i fell in love with it.

GAVZDAD

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so say we all
Absolutely not!

A 4 door vehicle as a family car? I've never heard such drivel in all my life. I mean, my lord. :)
Sponsored