2016 Civic Touring - Garage Door Opener

bhuber2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Good morning. I am seriously considering purchasing a 2016 Civic Touring model but believe that there is no integrated garage door opener in the vehicle. Is this true? All of our other vehicles, some 10 yrs old, have this feature. I am surprised that with all of the technological bells & whistles in the model it would not have that feature. Thank you.
Sponsored

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Good morning. I am seriously considering purchasing a 2016 Civic Touring model but believe that there is no integrated garage door opener in the vehicle. Is this true? All of our other vehicles, some 10 yrs old, have this feature. I am surprised that with all of the technological bells & whistles in the model it would not have that feature. Thank you.
Correct, but under the DIY, there is a great write-up on how to add the feature for not much money....

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
It IS a civic after all and what you do get for the price is pretty darn good + H O N D A reliability, longevity and resale. Quit complaining!

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
I added it to the mirror....since I wanted to add it and an auto dim mirror (I bought the EX-T), I just bought one on ebay for under $40 with the wiring, wired it in...on the touring it would be more difficult and you already have the auto dim...I would do the mod where you add it to the area where the sunroof controls are. Should be pretty easy to to with the DIY
Sponsored