2016 Civic Si or Concept Style Spoiler Prototype Spied?

administrator

Administrator
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This 2016 Civic Sedan prototype was spotted in Thailand wearing a trunk spoiler similar in design to the one seen on the Concept Coupe.

We could be looking at either 1) an Si sedan wearing standard model body parts (except its Si spoiler) or 2) sedan testing a third sedan spoiler design.

If it is a third spoiler option for the sedan, it joins the ones already introduced - the Decklid Spoiler and the Wing Spoiler.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Si or Concept Style Spoiler Prototype Spied? civic-sedan-concept-spoiler

Here's the similar looking spoiler on the Coupe Concept.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Si or Concept Style Spoiler Prototype Spied? honda-civic-concept-live-shots-2015-new-york-auto-show_100506617_l

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016 Civic Si or Concept Style Spoiler Prototype Spied? 1280x720-3p-

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Please offer something like this/the concept spoiler for the coupe. I mean really... if the sedan gets it's pick of 3 spoilers and the coupe doesn't even get one... i quit... haha

Emina

Threads
Reaction score
Right on cue! thanks admin, so much great info on this site.

That's exactly the type of spoiler I would want on the coupe. It looks good even on this sedan prototype. Honda better at least offer all 3 for both coupe and sedan. No good reason not to since it is essentially same trunk lid. Same mounting points i would think.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Right on cue! thanks admin, so much great info on this site.

That's exactly the type of spoiler I would want on the coupe. It looks good even on this sedan prototype. Honda better at least offer all 3 for both coupe and sedan. No good reason not to since it is essentially same trunk lid. Same mounting points i would think.
I'm not so sure about that... the coupe and sedan trunks are actually pretty radically different. The sedan trunk is alot wider and has the flares at either side and it lays almost flat on the top. The coupe trunk is alot narrower and shorter and tapers downward on the sides, plus it has the LED bar across the top edge which sticks up an inch or two as well. They'll both need their own spoiler designs most likely.

civvie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
I'm not so sure about that... the coupe and sedan trunks are actually pretty radically different. The sedan trunk is alot wider and has the flares at either side and it lays almost flat on the top. The coupe trunk is alot narrower and shorter and tapers downward on the sides, plus it has the LED bar across the top edge which sticks up an inch or two as well. They'll both need their own spoiler designs most likely.
Yea very different trunks. The coupe's trunk slopes down too unlike the sedan one which is pretty flat.

All 3 style spoiler look really good on the sedan, but my style would be to go for the more conservative decklid or wing spoiler.

This one would look good on an Si.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I wouldn't rule out the Si mule; but would certainly be odd testing a US-trimmed car in Thailand.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I wouldn't rule out the Si mule; but would certainly be odd testing a US-trimmed car in Thailand.
Is it just me, or did they silver-wrap the whole car - including the Civic emblem on the back trunk? If so, they didn't wrap over an Si emblem...so I'm going to guess we can rule out Si although this does seem to have some good sized wheels. They must be 17-18".

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
It's definitely an SI mule. They don't wrap cars just to test spoilers or accessories

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
it's odd because you think if they were testing the Si engine, they'd be testing the exhaust as well... which we all assume will actually show out the back, and this car doesn't have that....

However i do notice that the wheel design (from what little can be seen) looks different from any of what we've seen so far, so they could be the Si rims.

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
it's odd because you think if they were testing the Si engine, they'd be testing the exhaust as well... which we all assume will actually show out the back, and this car doesn't have that....

However i do notice that the wheel design (from what little can be seen) looks different from any of what we've seen so far, so they could be the Si rims.
That's an assumption about the exhaust. We have no evidence of visual exhaust as of yet.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6
My thoughts are that they are real close to showing and or at least giving us some ideas about Si maybe not next week but soon after. My reasons for thinking this are that imo the Si is not going to be the niche car any more. That is reserved for CTR. Why in the world would they want type r and Si both being scarce cars? Si will 99% have an auto option and hp around 220. So to keep up with what honda wants it's newer image to be quality and sporty the Si will be a volume seller.

firsthonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
g6

Exhaust can point down for now but no doubt that the Si will have awesome dual or even the concept single port

AndreaCristiano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze 2LT RS
My thoughts are that they are real close to showing and or at least giving us some ideas about Si maybe not next week but soon after. My reasons for thinking this are that imo the Si is not going to be the niche car any more. That is reserved for CTR. Why in the world would they want type r and Si both being scarce cars? Si will 99% have an auto option and hp around 220. So to keep up with what honda wants it's newer image to be quality and sporty the Si will be a volume seller.
Agreed 100%. The Si will have the DCT from the ILX I am almost 100% certain and the HP is in this range as well

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm right there with you on the Si... really hoping it gets an auto option, and if the price isn't too insane i'd forgo the EXT and get the Si instead for more power and a sportier appearance, even if it's lacking a couple of the EXT features.

Agree as well on the output. i figure anywhere between 220-230 is a reasonable range given the 30hp bump the 1.5 has over the old 1.8.
Sponsored