lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
*may need to raise the volume. Recorded on a iphone

Currently 740ish miles on the car.

Hey guys i know there is already a thread on the interior rattle issue but I just wanted to share some videos of the rattle for those who are having the same issue.

*notice im continously reving between 1000-2000 rpm to produce the rattling noise.

I have a appointment with my honda dealer this friday to resolve this issue. I'm going to bring up some of the potential solutions I saw on this forum.

Also as soons as I get a video of the notorious start up grinding noise im going to show them that as well.

Again sorry if some of you guys are annoyed of new threads with the same topic. Just wanted to share.
Sponsored

Last edited:

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*may need to raise the volume. Recorded on a iphone

Currently 740ish miles on the car.

Hey guys i know there is already a thread on the interior rattle issue but I just wanted to share some videos of the rattle for those who are having the same issue.

*notice im continously reving between 1000-2000 rpm to produce the rattling noise.

I have a appointment with my honda dealer this friday to resolve this issue. I'm going to bring up some of the potential solutions I saw on this forum.

Also as soons as I get a video of the notorious start up grinding noise im going to show them that as well.

Again sorry if some of you guys are annoyed of new threads with the same topic. Just wanted to share.
Mine sounds exactly the same. Happens right under 2000 rpm. I haven't brought it in because after driving for 10 minutes or so the sound is gone. After that there's only a slight rattle from the same area when hitting hard bumps. Sounds like it's coming from the vents or something. But I know if I drive it to my dealership it will be gone and then they won't be about to replicate it.

If they find the problem please let me know.
I also have the start up grind. And I have a good video of how it's sounds if you need it.

OP
OP
lyricalyjy

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Mine sounds exactly the same. Happens right under 2000 rpm. I haven't brought it in because after driving for 10 minutes or so the sound is gone. After that there's only a slight rattle from the same area when hitting hard bumps. Sounds like it's coming from the vents or something. But I know if I drive it to my dealership it will be gone and then they won't be about to replicate it.

If they find the problem please let me know.
I also have the start up grind. And I have a good video of how it's sounds if you need it.
Yeah for sure! I will post an update after visting the dealer on friday. Also got a pretty good video of the grinding noise just today. Thanks though.

44jayded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Can't really hear anything "odd". Sounds like mine. I just figured these tough little engines are made real lightweight, and so you can hear more than...need be. =/ When I'm on the freeway, and have to rocket pass someone, engine seems noisier than it should. Could sound smoother.

OP
OP
lyricalyjy

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Can't really hear anything "odd". Sounds like mine. I just figured these tough little engines are made real lightweight, and so you can hear more than...need be. =/ When I'm on the freeway, and have to rocket pass someone, engine seems noisier than it should. Could sound smoother.
I phone sound sucks but listen carefully at about 1800 rpm. You will hear the vibrating rattle noise

OP
OP
lyricalyjy

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase

2 and a half minute cold start night drive.

Interior rattle between 1500 and 2000 rpm and going over slight to rough pavement.
Seems like its coming from behind of the instrumentation panel or behind the center screen, or behind the steering wheel. Definetly somewhere in those area.

I JUST WANT TO BREAK APART MY DASH AND FIND THIS DAMN RATTLE!!!

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

2 and a half minute cold start night drive.

Interior rattle between 1500 and 2000 rpm and going over slight to rough pavement.
Seems like its coming from behind of the instrumentation panel or behind the center screen, or behind the steering wheel. Definetly somewhere in those area.

I JUST WANT TO BREAK APART MY DASH AND FIND THIS DAMN RATTLE!!!
What did service tell you when you brought it in? Did they find the issue or they couldn't replicate it?

My whole car is a rattle box. But this buzzing sound is the worst one in my car. I'm making an appointment for next week. Going to have them look at this buzzing in the dash, the window rattle, door rattle, center consol creeking, center arm rest popping.Also have the engine grind at warm start, subwoofer rattle, transmission is very jerky and hesitates with heavy throttle. I really want to get out of this car but don't want to take a big loss.

OP
OP
lyricalyjy

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
What did service tell you when you brought it in? Did they find the issue or they couldn't replicate it?

My whole car is a rattle box. But this buzzing sound is the worst one in my car. I'm making an appointment for next week. Going to have them look at this buzzing in the dash, the window rattle, door rattle, center consol creeking, center arm rest popping.
I couldnt leave my car overnight so i dropped it off for couple hours. The tech couldnt duplicate my start up grinding or the interior rattle.
I even showed him the video but they needed to duplicate the noise themselves so i just said ill come back next time when i can drop off my car overnight.

Im going to the dealer sometime this week or next week when i can get a ride from someone.
I'll definetly keep you guys updated.
I hope you can update anything you find from the dealer. Good luck!

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll definitely update when i bring it. I'm going to ask for a loaner vehicle so I can leave it over night. Your dealership should give you a loaner for free. Mine does.

OP
OP
lyricalyjy

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll definitely update when i bring it. I'm going to ask for a loaner vehicle so I can leave it over night. Your dealership should give you a loaner for free. Mine does.
Awesome~
You guys get loaners? We dont...... i asked last time i was there... only option is a shuttle ride.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Awesome~
You guys get loaners? We dont...... i asked last time i was there... only option is a shuttle ride.
Yea just have to request a few day ahead of time. Like when you call to make the appointment. I'm hoping by leaving the car there and giving them all the time they need they will take the time to find and fix all the issues. But anyway like I said if they end up fixing this buzzing we got I'll let you know.

OP
OP
lyricalyjy

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Couple weeks ago I sent a detailed email to the manger of my honda dealer regarding the rattle noise and the start up grinding noise.
I got a call from the service department couple days ago to bring my car and all the videos I have been documenting.

My appointment is next friday (OCT 21st) and I will update you guys with the results.
They are probably going to update the VSA ECU (recall) that day.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Couple weeks ago I sent a detailed email to the manger of my honda dealer regarding the rattle noise and the start up grinding noise.
I got a call from the service department couple days ago to bring my car and all the videos I have been documenting.

My appointment is next friday (OCT 21st) and I will update you guys with the results.
They are probably going to update the VSA ECU (recall) that day.
I brought mine in and I drove the car and the mechanic That was going to work on my car was in the passenger seat he heard the rattle/buzzing noise. Plus I showed him all the other rattles and noises around the cabin. When I got the car back five hours later they said the only way to find the buzzing sound in the dashboard was to take it apart and they weren't willing to do that.

OP
OP
lyricalyjy

lyricalyjy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
I brought mine in and I drove the car and the mechanic That was going to work on my car was in the passenger seat he heard the rattle/buzzing noise. Plus I showed him all the other rattles and noises around the cabin. When I got the car back five hours later they said the only way to find the buzzing sound in the dashboard was to take it apart and they weren't willing to do that.
wtf... why were they not willing to do take apart the dash?
my noise is coming from the dash 100%.

ill report back after my appointment.
Sponsored