j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Yes. My dealer as well Honda Canada confirmed the tsb amp software for my touring.
did you have a reference number for the update? My dealer service rep had no idea, but he is going to speak to his service manager to confirm.
Sponsored

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Yes. My dealer as well Honda Canada confirmed the tsb amp software for my touring.
Mine also had the info but the fix is not yet available in Canada. They do have the info though.

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
did you have a reference number for the update? My dealer service rep had no idea, but he is going to speak to his service manager to confirm.
No i don't. But i have already booked an appointment for the software update and its on Feb 23. I will post if i will find it.

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
No i don't. But i have already booked an appointment for the software update and its on Feb 23. I will post if i will find it.
I just called the dealer in and they are saying the software update will be in around a week and they dont have reference number for now. Also they confirmed that the piston issue is related to 2.0 liters engine only.

haztorks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MSM EX-T
I'd suggest you're one of the lucky ones that is not affected by either recall. The audio issue was only on the Touring model. And the other recall, as far as I can tell from the above posts, doesn't affect the turbo engine. So, all good for you!

If you put your VIN in the recall site, you don't see any outstanding recalls, right?
Correct. There are no recalls listed on the site either, and it appears to have updated today.

However, the car bobman tried to buy isn't showing up either:

Recall Result
original EX that bobman tried to purchase as of right now from their site (which has been running really slow for me all morning):
VIN: 2HGFC2F72GH502257
Year: 2016
Make: Honda
Model: Civic Sedan
Last Updated: Jan 31, 2016
Number of Open Recalls: 0

EDIT: people need to call.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As of right now not a peep if you Googe 'Honda engine recall'. I would think there would be something seeing its the 2016 North American Car of the year. Where are the marketing people for Honda's competitors? They should be all over this.

Yes, it's only 48 hours but that's an eternity in this internet age.

Last edited:

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just called the dealer in and they are saying the software update will be in around a week and they dont have reference number for now. Also they confirmed that the piston issue is related to 2.0 liters engine only.
Keep hearing 2.0 engine only. I'm sounding like a broken record, sorry, but my 1.5 Turbo is being recalled for the'M23 piston clip' recall.

Am I the only owner of a 1.5 Turbo subject to this recall. Come on, someone back me up here.

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
As of right now not a peep if you Googe 'Honda engine recall'. I would think there would be something seeing its the 2016 North American Car of the year. Where are the maketing people for Honda's competitors? They should be all over this.

Yes, it's only 48 hours but that's an eternity in this internet age.
While I agree with you, it's not surprising given the mixed messages we received yesterday from Honda call centre.

I've left a message for the service manager to email me a copy of the notice. I will post it when/if he sends it.

It's no doubt accurate info and straight from Honda.

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Keep hearing 2.0 engine only. I'm sounding like a broken record, sorry, but my 1.5 Turbo is being recalled for the'M23 recall.

Am I the only owner of a 1.5 Turbo subject to this recall. Come on, someone back me up here.
I would say just cross check with honda Canada and your dealer once again with your Vin. I can only say good luck

DaveRN94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX w/sensing
Called American Honda this morning about the 2016 Civic engine piston pin snap ring recall. My 2016 Civic EX is part of the recall. Called my dealer right after talking with American Honda. They stated that I will be contacted when they have a fix and I can bring my car in for the fix. I asked what this will mean to me regarding time. The would not offer an answer. They indicated that there isn't yet a fix but I would be contacted. Not very helpful and keeps us in the dark. I have more questions than answers!!!!

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
The amount of mis-information in this thread is amazing. These are the facts so far:
- There is one open recall and one TSB. The recall is for a piston clip, the TSB is for an amp issue effecting Touring trim levels.
- The recall effects the 2.0 engine, and possibly the 1.5T (neither confirmed nor rejected).
- Is VIN specific.
- The website is not currently up to date and you just call the Honda Recall line for info on your specific car.
- Parts will be arriving some time in the near future (Feb. 5th was suggested), and notices will be additionally mailed.

Last edited:

acco20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
looking at 2016 civic touring
I was at a Honda dealer in SW VA yesterday looking at Civics and they told me they had just received an email that was causing them to put a "stop sale" on all their 2016 Civics except for one vehicle.
Nothing new on this recall subject??????

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
The amount of mis-information in this thread is amazing. These are the facts so far:
- There is one open recall and one TSB. The recall is for a piston clip, the TSB is for an amp issue effecting Touring trim levels.
- The recall effects both 2.0 and 1.5T engines, and is VIN specific.
- The website is not currently up to date and you just call the Honda Recall line for info on your specific car.
- Parts will be arriving some time in the near future (Feb. 5th was suggested), and notices will be additionally mailed.
You just saved me about half an hour of reading :)

camhabib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Porsche 911, 2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Would they have to take the complete engine apart to fix this snap ring??
p
A good portion of the engine must be disassembled to access the faulty part.
Sponsored