Mocha90210

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I just spoke with the American Honda hotline, and my EX-T is not listed as having any open recalls. Indiana plant, with 4xxx production line number.
I'd suggest you're one of the lucky ones that is not affected by either recall. The audio issue was only on the Touring model. And the other recall, as far as I can tell from the above posts, doesn't affect the turbo engine. So, all good for you!

If you put your VIN in the recall site, you don't see any outstanding recalls, right?
Sponsored

Mannyp93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Civic EX, 2016 Civic EX
Not sure how you think that could be wrong. The amp update is finally coming out in Canada (as confirmed by my service manager by phone this morning), and only affects Tourings. This matches the recall notice issued against my VIN.

If there is another recall, and it sounds like there is, it does not affect Tourings. Otherwise, my service manager would have seen 2 recall notices against my VIN.
In KOAS' post it states 8000 Canada units and 33,500 USA units for a piston circlip. Affecting 2.0L engines. However you're saying your dealer confirmed that the 8000 Canada units are only for the amp TSB update. That's were im getting lost.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My Touring with the 1.5 Turbo is part of the recall. This was confirmed using my VIN. The part is on order.
If 41,800 units have this issue poor Honda would be out tens of millions of dollars. Bells would be going off everywhere, not just in this forum.

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
My Touring with the 1.5 Turbo is part of the recall. This was confirmed using my VIN. The part is on order.
If 41,800 units have this issue poor Honda would be out tens of millions of dollars. Bells would be going off everywhere, not just in this forum.
I'm sure they will be.

It'd only been 48 hours since the notice.

jgreen16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic EX Hatch, 1990 Chevrolet C1500
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just checked my VIN on the Honda recall webpage, and it said 0 open recalls. It is an EX-T just purchased Saturday. Not sure on the production date however.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
In KOAS' post it states 8000 Canada units and 33,500 USA units for a piston circlip. Affecting 2.0L engines. However you're saying your dealer confirmed that the 8000 Canada units are only for the amp TSB update. That's were im getting lost.
Permit me to doubt they made 8,000 Tourings for Canada before that issue was solved. The US TSB was explicit about 3,703 units effected in the US before the software update was incorporated in line to production..

Bells will be going off soon enough. News travels only so quickly from Internet forum word to real world. Honda has over 5,000,000 vehicles involved in the Takata recalls alone. This isn't their first visit to the recall rodeo.

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
There's a recall coming out for most 2016 Honda civics .
It isn't out yet because they're still working on it.
Something with updating airbag sensitivity.
I guess some cars if you slam the driver door extremely hard the air bag has a chance of deflating
I was told by a Honda worker
My aunt told me the exact same thing .. I thought she was crazy .. guess not :( she works at honda

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
Not seeing any details yet, but am getting confirmation of a recall/update campaign for my VIN. Screenshot from Honda Canada site below...

upload_2016-1-31_11-53-40.png
I did not get this for my touring. It said "There is no recall or product update found for this vehicle. Please note this website only provides information on recalls/product updates issued after January 1, 2000."

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Recall Result
PRINTEMAIL
VIN: 2HGFC1F35GH633674
Year: 2016
Make: Honda
Model: Civic Sedan
Last Updated: Jan 31, 2016
Number of Open Recalls: 0
There are no current safety recalls for this vehicle.

WOP EX-T here in Los Angeles, California.

CDN16LX6MT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX 6MT
Just got off the phone with Honda Canada. My 2016 Canadian LX 6MT VIN is part of the safety campaign notice.

Checking with my dealer now on next steps.

First the "emissions system problem", now this piston pin snap ring.

:banghead: never buy first year cars...never learn...

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
I did not get this for my touring. It said "There is no recall or product update found for this vehicle. Please note this website only provides information on recalls/product updates issued after January 1, 2000."
Thats starnge as i have a touring in Canada and dealer and honda said for me its just amp software update.

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
I confirmed with my service manager that it is for the amp software update (I own a Touring). I also checked my VIN with another dealership in the area and they did a lookup and confirmed the same thing: Software product update only. Not a recall.
Hey does your dealer have the update for the touring amplifier? The TSB has been issued in Canada? Last time I checked two weeks ago they didn't have it in Canada lol

KA0S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring WOP, Chevy Tahoe LTZ
Permit me to doubt they made 8,000 Tourings for Canada before that issue was solved. The US TSB was explicit about 3,703 units effected in the US before the software update was incorporated in line to production..

Bells will be going off soon enough. News travels only so quickly from Internet forum word to real world. Honda has over 5,000,000 vehicles involved in the Takata recalls alone. This isn't their first visit to the recall rodeo.

It's 8000 units for the circlip problem. I don't know about the TSB numbers.

j_illang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring
you confirmed on the website or called the dealer?

Ash2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC 2016 Touring
Hey does your dealer have the update for the touring amplifier? The TSB has been issued in Canada? Last time I checked two weeks ago they didn't have it in Canada lol
Yes. My dealer as well Honda Canada confirmed the tsb amp software for my touring.
Sponsored