2016 Civic 1.5 Turbo Airconditioning fail

Colaen7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic VTi-L; 2005 Honda Accord Euro
Has anyone else had problems with the air conditioning not working. I love my new civic but took it for its first long drive of 800ks in the heat of an Aussie summer and the air-conditioner did not work on the drivers side at all and only slightly cooler on passenger side. Is this a common problem or a rare unfortunate event?
Sponsored

kcabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic LX | 2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Have you tried hitting the "Sync" button/knob? It's possible to have A/C on one side and heat coming out the other if the "sync" option is turned off.

OP
OP

Colaen7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you tried hitting the "Sync" button/knob? It's possible to have A/C on one side and heat coming out the other if the "sync" option is turned off.
Thanks but unfortunately yes I tried that several times along the 8 hour trip in the heat...tried everything several times in fact along with stopping and re reading the manuel...it blew out some ice from the vents at one stage but no cool air...had to drive with the windows down...haven't done that since the early 70's.

organiktsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Dodge D100 slant six, 2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
I think someone had an issue with their AC not being charged to the right capacity. But in the mean time, have you tried manually controlling the AC? setting the temp to maybe 62 degrees then going into Climate control and manually turn AC on?

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
Thanks but unfortunately yes I tried that several times along the 8 hour trip in the heat...tried everything several times in fact along with stopping and re reading the manuel...it blew out some ice from the vents at one stage but no cool air...had to drive with the windows down...haven't done that since the early 70's.
Actual physical ice? If so it got clogged sonehow

OP
OP

Colaen7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think someone had an issue with their AC not being charged to the right capacity. But in the mean time, have you tried manually controlling the AC? setting the temp to maybe 62 degrees then going into Climate control and manually turn AC on?
Yes I did try that and I really hoped it was going to work for me as I was pretty hot by then...unfortunately it didn't work. I have it booked in for a warranty repair but they can't do it for 2 weeks...curious as to the problem.

momo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic sedan EX-T
Yes I did try that and I really hoped it was going to work for me as I was pretty hot by then...unfortunately it didn't work. I have it booked in for a warranty repair but they can't do it for 2 weeks...curious as to the problem.
I had this exact issue and something was unhooked that made the driver side useless. It took them 20 Minutes to fix it, recharge the system and now it works perfectly

kcabbit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Civic LX | 2016 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Just wanted to let you know that a year later, I now have the same problem as you. I tried taking my own advice and it didn't work.... lol

spectre186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ext
Country flag
Many issues with forum members having a leaky condenser or “sustaining road damage”. Don’t let the dealership try to tell you it’s road damage and not covered under warranty. There is definitely an issue with the AC system in the 2016+ civics
Sponsored