2016-2017 Canada Touring Best Pricing?

Dbrotherwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hoping to get a new 2016 or 2017 Civic Touring soon. What are the best CAD pricing that everyone has gotten? How cheap could I get a 2016 touring for from the dealers?

First time buying a new car so I have tons of questions.

Thanks!
Sponsored

VIto416

I ♥️ Honda
First Name
Vito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hoping to get a new 2016 or 2017 Civic Touring soon. What are the best CAD pricing that everyone has gotten? How cheap could I get a 2016 touring for from the dealers?

First time buying a new car so I have tons of questions.

Thanks!
You in Toronto?

eugmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006
Country flag
Vancouver
Just closed one on May 5. $750 Honda Canada rebate taken off after gst/pst. another $1324.23 dealer rebate taken off before taxes. This may be because I have about $2000 in factory accessories. This was given to me before I negotiated a trade in for my 2006 Honda Accord @ $2200. Down payment of $20,000, financed remainder of $10,550 @0.99% for 5 years, $180 /month payments. Done at Richmond Honda Auto mall, good luck!

Blitzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I actually used CarCostCanada's free report to negotiate my price.
I put the report that I got for free on the table and told the salesman I wanted to pay that price or I could click the button and do it elsewhere.
It took him 2 minutes with his manager to agree to that price. It saved me about $1500.

The downside of that was that nothing was negotiable after that. I did manage to get 2 free oil changes thrown in though.

I also email the 12 Honda dealers within a decent distance asking for a "best price", I got one reply (not where I bought) and he was within $20 of the free report. I put that on the negotiation table as well.

This isn't an ad, I'll keep the detail short.
You tell the website where you are, what you want, with whatever specs. Then it will give you one free report with a guaranteed price within 100km of your location.
Basically, the site calculates the price including 5% profit for the dealer (They usually build in about 10%).

My advice to a first time buyer, go in prepared and be strong, polite and determined.
Focus on the purchase price not the finance payment amount. Get your purchase price sorted, then talk about finance.
Make a list of the extra's you want (ideal world) and know what you are prepared to drop, that way you can make it look like you are offering compromise during the negotiation.
Also, know what you can buy elsewhere cheaper/better. Think about mats, rustproofing, scotchguarding, winter tires/wheels.

Remember you can extend your warranty any time in the first 100k (that info is elsewhere on these forums), other than that, pretty much say no to everything you are offered after you have agreed the purchase price.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I got $1,511 off MSRP straight up without the $750 rebate and rear splash guards, block heater and wheel locks free. I know I'm clearly gloating here but I haven't seen anyone beat that deal on paper yet.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Just closed one on May 5. $750 Honda Canada rebate taken off after gst/pst. another $1324.23 dealer rebate taken off before taxes. This may be because I have about $2000 in factory accessories. This was given to me before I negotiated a trade in for my 2006 Honda Accord @ $2200. Down payment of $20,000, financed remainder of $10,550 @0.99% for 5 years, $180 /month payments. Done at Richmond Honda Auto mall, good luck!
Way too many variables to judge whether you got a good deal or not. Dealer could of shorted you on the trade, made up for anything through markup from accessories, finance kickback.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I looked at all 3 adds and if you're saying they're all better 'deals' then I'm just gonna laugh at your face. The first and third ad are both CPOs with 4200 and 10,000kms respectively so they're essentially used cars. The second one with 10kms priced at $23,000 I'd look further into but seems like a good deal on the surface. But really ask yourself why they're discounting nearly $4000 on a brand new unit when all cars are sold at or above invoice in Canada before rebates. Could it be hail or some other issue?

I got my car for the deal that you saw above, knowing that nobody farted in the seat before me, knowing it was built April 27th, 2016 when I took delivery on May 21st, and that it had 13 kms on the ODO when I picked it up.

So as much as you're legitimately 'saving' money with the examples that you listed, you saying they're better deals hardly qualify. It's not like you're getting those prices without some tradeoff.

Another funny thing I'd like to say, is that even though you're a hater, you still spend time lurking and posting in these forums despite no intention to buy the car? Why's that? Also, I find it odd that in your laundry list of reasons, why you would list 'etc' as #20 when you can't even attribute it to a specific problem.

Better deal my ass...

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
First of all, I don't know why you'd assume I'd be in school... I could be a 50 year old guy who's well off on the brink of retirement, a 30 year old starting a family, or a 18 year old in high school. That's not something you know.

With that said, you're only nickle and diming the dollar amount and not factoring anything else. If I bought any of the cars from your ad, sure I would be saving $3000 or whatever in absolute dollars. But the car was brought to market well over a year ago. I earn enough salary to not bother waiting a year to offset $3000. One year, 4200 to 10000kms, knowing when my services were done and who drove in the car before me (nobody), worth every fucking penny. My time is important too. We're talking about the new redesigned Civic that's at the top of it's class. If I was that concerned about absolute dollars, I would've bought the previous generation since the Civic is just A to B and it would've been significantly less expensive. I had a 2014 EX sedan which I got rid of with 14,700kms and dropped another $10,000 on the Touring. Now I will agree that that's an objectively 'poor' financial decision. But hey, I don't care, wanted the newest thing and I'm not poor, so I have the means. That angle, even if you don't agree with it, is something that you have to acknowledge. Your used cars. CPOs, don't exist if someone doesn't buy them new.

Here's the thing. OP is talking about buying the top line in 2016 or 2017. He has yet to tell us if he's interested in a CPO or a brand new one.

What are the best CAD pricing that everyone has gotten?
Considering he's asking the forum, where 99% of users bought the car new, I think he's interested in a brand new model, and the benchmark for pricing and a 'deal' should be based off MSRP + Freight/PDI, Accessories, HST. If he's looking for a CPO, then that's a totally different argument with it's own pricing hierarchy.

(you lost particularly since they gave a rebate soon after for $750)
You can't say I 'lost' since any consumer buying the car before the rebate was announced would've been ignorant of it, so considering no reasonable person would know, I couldn't have 'lost' on that angle. If the impending rebate was public knowledge during my purchase and I missed out on it, then you can say I made a bad decision.
but that is why people go in debt or don't understand car depreciation (you get a sucker..i.e. yourself to take the hit).
First of all, I do understand car depreciation and have decided that I would take the hit. It's not a big deal to me, and quite frankly, the 'hit' is only realized should I sell the car. I paid for the car in cash, so I'm technically not 'in debt'. I don't know how I got a 'sucker' as quoted from you and at least I'm not caught dead in a rat piece of shit 2012 model that Honda decided to change after one year, and for good reason.

Second, you still didn't answer my question about why you're here still with no intention to buy, only to trash the car and waste your and everyone elses time. I don't have an account on the Corolla or Elantra forum telling everyone to avoid those models like a plague. To answer your questions, I've had little to no problems. Grinding noise that's intermittent on startup has caused no trouble past that, I've fixed the sub rattle and all the electronics past that have been perfect so far.

eugmeister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2006
Country flag
Way too many variables to judge whether you got a good deal or not. Dealer could of shorted you on the trade, made up for anything through markup from accessories, finance kickback.
Not the point of whether I got a good deal or not. The takeaway is dbrotherhood can use this as a baseline for a potential purchase in Greater Vancouver as my purchase experience is more relevant than in another part of Canada.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Honda Civic touring 2016 (Richmond Hill ON: 22k CAD with wireless charging

If you wait a year, the civics have been dropping in price extremely significantly (maybe because of all the non-favorable reviews). I was going to buy the new civic, but after reading consumer reports, JD Power, other car articles, and the laundry list of defects/issues on civicx, I am staying away from the 10gen with a 5 meter stick.

1. Major recall on engine (2.0L)
2. Major recall on parking brake
3. Issue where all your warning lights would turn on a failure in power steering wheel.
4. Warm start awful engine noise
5. Infotainment system is buggy and non-responsive and sometimes dies
6. Indication of turbo acceleration is non-responsive (in comparison to other turbo cars in the market)
7. Issues of not getting suggest mpg for civic hatchback
8. Dashboard flanking
9. Weird dashboard noises (have to put foam in A pillar as a duct-tape solution)
10. Volume knob (none)
11. AC gurgling
12. Speaker issues on touring models
13. Rain sensor issues
14. The fact that the sensing packing is like a underage drunk teenager driving for the first time (audi, merc, and other car companies have a better system).
15. Misaligned fenders
16. Fob related issues
17. Rev hanging on MT
18. Poor quality control (some parts in civics have not been bolted down properly)
19. Moonroof glass imploding
20. etc
You are not wrong all car mag say to stay away :doh:

dZilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Pilot, '17 Civic Hatchback
Any other prices out there, looking at getting a 2017 touring hatchback.....

Plus my inlaws are more than likely going to get the 2017 accord touring model... So two vehicles, twice the deal? lol???

ShuJam

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any other prices out there, looking at getting a 2017 touring hatchback.....

Plus my inlaws are more than likely going to get the 2017 accord touring model... So two vehicles, twice the deal? lol???
I got a bit over $1600 off the MSRP for my Sport Touring, and got a trunk tray thrown in. My brother and I went in to the dealership together, and he got almost $2000 off a 2017 CR-V EX.

back2civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
370Z
I got a bit over $1600 off the MSRP for my Sport Touring, and got a trunk tray thrown in. My brother and I went in to the dealership together, and he got almost $2000 off a 2017 CR-V EX.
Which dealership was this?