2016-17 EX factory radio wiring diagram needed

Steven H

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Does anyone have a wiring diagram for an ex? Ive seen ones for lx's but not ex's.
Sponsored

M1KL83

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback LX 6MT, 2002 Honda Accord SE 5MT
Country flag
I Search In This CivicX Website May Be Help You.
Do you think the wiring diagram and information that you've attached is accurate for the Hatchbacks as well as sedans? I see that the non amplified stereo diagram shows 8 speakers but wired as only 4 because the door speaker and tweeter are wired to the same port on the head unit. I'm hoping that the informational diagram that you attached in this thread applies to the Canadian Civic Hatchback (LX & Sport have 180 watt 8 speakers and the Sport Touring has a 542 watt 12 speaker system with navigation) as well as other countries.

Thank you for taking the time to do that for us, it's a big help!

Cheers(

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Im getting a 4 channel amp and which wire do i need to tap for the remote amp turn on?
9 Remote Amp (white wire)

Goes HIGH (12v) to signal amp to turn on.
Note This
+12v signal is not a POWER +12v to power the amp, its just a low current capable control signal to tell the amp to turn on.

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
thank you kindly

9 Remote Amp (white wire)

Goes HIGH (12v) to signal amp to turn on.
Note This
+12v signal is not a POWER +12v to power the amp, its just a low current capable control signal to tell the amp to turn on.

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
The stereo is connected via SPDIF to the OEM amp, correct?
Would it be possible to disconnect it from the OEM amp and reconnect it to an aftermarket one? that would avoide an LC converter to be installed, right?

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
The stereo is connected via SPDIF to the OEM amp, correct?
Would it be possible to disconnect it from the OEM amp and reconnect it to an aftermarket one? that would avoide an LC converter to be installed, right?
No ... while it is a DIGITAL connection, it is NOT standard SPDIF,
Its a Honda (Mitsubishi) Custom interface.

Even if you could it would be the tip of an "Interface Nightmare" Iceberg

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
figures....
Do you know where i can find the OEM amp wiring diagram? The ones posted above are connections that start from the head unit, but I have the 11 speaker system and the colors are different of course, i think because the wires to the speakers start from the actual amp and not the HU.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
figures....
Do you know where i can find the OEM amp wiring diagram? The ones posted above are connections that start from the head unit, but I have the 11 speaker system and the colors are different of course, i think because the wires to the speakers start from the actual amp and not the HU.
Here you go .... (attached PDFs)
One for the HU
One for the AMP

=============================================

Honda Civic 10th gen 2016-17 EX factory radio wiring diagram needed HU-Unknown_connector

The only Head Unit Connector I cannot find any info about is the one pictured above (red circle)
FRUSTRATING, especially if its a non used Audio Input connector of some sort.

ANYONE KNOW ?
It NOT USED on the 2018 Si, so is not included in the 1st PDF attachment which is for the 2018 Si.

Attachments

Last edited:

Soulnchain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Country flag
Here you go ....
Thanks, but i already saw this file, unfortunately it only has the wires from the HU, i need to know the colors from the amp to the speakers, my colors are not the same as this (i.e driver side tweeter is yellow and green)

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks, but i already saw this file, unfortunately it only has the wires from the HU, i need to know the colors from the amp to the speakers, my colors are not the same as this (i.e driver side tweeter is yellow and green)
Just updated previous post to add the AMP !!!

yes, shows drivers side Tweeter is Yellow & Green :)

karadas87

First Name
KARADAS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CİVİC
Country flag
Hello friends.
I need the front camera input pins of this device. Does anyone know how to connect the front camera?

Thanks.
Sponsored