2.0 Liter sedan exhaust

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Is there any aftermarket exhaust out for the 2.0? All I ever see is 1.5 :banghead:
Sponsored

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Nope, and there probably won't be for a while.

What I did to solve this problem was cut out the stock resonator and replace it with a Flowmaster DBX, and I put a straight pipe in place of the stock muffler. It sounds amazing, waaaay better than the fart can weed whacker exhaust note of the 1.5. It's quiet and deep at idle, but at WOT sounds a bit like an Alfa Romeo V6.

In terms of performance, an aftermarket cat back would net almost no gains, because the inlet of the downpipe is by far the biggest restriction on our cars.

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
I haven't seen any for the 2.0, I'm sure there are some out there though. Personally, with the CVT I would skip adding aftermarket exhaust. If you have the MT I would definitely go for it though.

1WickedCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan, 2007 Mercedes Benz C230 Sport 6MT

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Is there room in our cars to have a bigger and/or less restrictive downpipe?

In case anyone is interested, Magnaflow has the 2.0 liter catback exhaust under development https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=19313#modal-compatiblevehicles
It would be plug and play fit. Check out the RV6 downpipes for the K24Z7. We have the same type of manifold collector, and since our exhaust is on the front of the block, installation would be a breeze, provided good manufacturers get behind this platform.

The thing about a catback is that it will only flow as well as the biggest restriction in the system, so by itself, I doubt the gains will be much. However, with a downpipe, the gains could be huge.

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
What do you really gain from an exhaust besides noise?

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing noticeable, unless you change several other things also. Even then, the cost vs gain would be debatable. Sound is the major reason for most people anyway.

OP
OP

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Nothing noticeable, unless you change several other things also. Even then, the cost vs gain would be debatable. Sound is the major reason for most people anyway.
That's what I figured. Noise and a possible better air flow is all I see it doing.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
So that will fit? I'd buy and run it w/ the stock exhaust and then short ram intake.
I should have clarified, the collector itself will bolt up to the flange on the head, which is the critical piece. The orientation of our motors is 180* from the 9th si, so that pipe would not directly fit.

My idea is to buy that pipe, cut the collector off, and fab up my own pipe. The piping would need to measured and cut, then welded to the collector, along with the downstream o2 sensor bung and 3-bolt flange. However, this is so simple on our cars since it requires only about 18" of pipe with a 45* bend.

Also, if you look at the dynos on the 9th gen forums for the RV6 pipe, they show an increase of roughly 10-15 whp with no other mods. When combined with a good 2.5" catback and tuning, (Hondata where are you?) making 180-200 whp and 8k+ rpm's will become a reality, I believe.

DarkLight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic-2016 LX 6MT
Country flag
Good exhaust systems, by themselves, make no power whatsoever, but poorly designed systems can rob the engine of a significant amount of power. Instead, they help define the engine's power delivery characteristics. For instance, larger pipes provides less back pressure and more flow at high rpm's, but have poor scavenging/low exhaust gas velocity at low rpm's, so that will lead to better hp numbers on the dyno, but the torque curve will suffer as a result. The inverse is also true, forced induction aside.

So, the best way to think of it is that an exhaust system is like an instrument; it has to be tuned to deliver the best performance.
Sponsored