y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
Hey everybody did any of you installed a catless downpipe? And if you did does it throw any codes or any problems?
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX, 2009 CRV EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
catless down pipes will throw codes. PRL states that theirs does. That's why you need a ktuner. Ktuner allows you to block the CEL. I currently have the Takeda high flow catted downpipe and I have not had any codes pop up.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey everybody did any of you installed a catless downpipe? And if you did does it throw any codes or any problems?
I would not expect any codes from the RV6 catless downpipe thanks to the included de-foulers. Works great on my non-Si 1.5T.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
PRL Race down Pipes are going to put out better performance in my opinion. The pipes are 3 inches in diameter.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I too will be choosing the PRL combo, but RV6’s downpipe is a very nice product, has the best welds in my opinion, and is able to re-use the factory heat shield. It’s definitely better to run the front pipe and downpipe the same diameter for optimum flow rate.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I too will be choosing the PRL combo, but RV6’s downpipe is a very nice product, has the best welds in my opinion, and is able to re-use the factory heat shield. It’s definitely better to run the front pipe and downpipe the same diameter for optimum flow rate.
I do like how you can reinstall the heat shield on the RV6 pipe, but I wonder just how much of a difference it makes on the IAT's.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do like how you can reinstall the heat shield on the RV6 pipe, but I wonder just how much of a difference it makes on the IAT's.
There’s data that IAT’s actually don’t make that much of a difference with power which I was very shocked to see. I’m sure there’s a difference when it’s a drastic change in temperature. Hence why I changed my mind and decided to go with PRL’s combo. I will be getting their catted downpipe due to only losing 5-7 hp, and I don’t want smell, cause I have a 5 month old daughter that I care about way to much.

OP
OP
y2kprofesor

y2kprofesor

First Name
marius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic si
Country flag
There’s data that IAT’s actually don’t make that much of a difference with power which I was very shocked to see. I’m sure there’s a difference when it’s a drastic change in temperature. Hence why I changed my mind and decided to go with PRL’s combo. I will be getting their catted downpipe due to only losing 5-7 hp, and I don’t want smell, cause I have a 5 month old daughter that I care about way to much.
What about hondata will it prevent the codes?

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What about hondata will it prevent the codes?
I thought flashpro did, but I could be wrong since hondata is starting to go towards carb compliance. Ktuner definitely does, and I think if you want all features and to get the most out of this car, you’ll need Ktuner.