'17 hatch comes with window tint from factory?

canyonblue737

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch, '14 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
Country flag
I'm getting ready to have my '17 Civic Hatch Sport Touring tinted next week with llumar CTX ceramic 35% tint. I noticed in some old threads some were saying certain models of the Civic (sedan) were coming with tinted windows equivalent to a 70-75% tint (hard to notice I guess at those levels but help with heat) but I'm wondering if the Civic Hatch also is. I sure can't tell, they look clear to me but I'd like to know because obviously adding 35% film to 75% windows will bring me well below 35% which is the legal limit and all I want in Illinois.

Thanks!
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
I'm getting ready to have my '17 Civic Hatch Sport Touring tinted next week with llumar CTX ceramic 35% tint. I noticed in some old threads some were saying certain models of the Civic (sedan) were coming with tinted windows equivalent to a 70-75% tint (hard to notice I guess at those levels but help with heat) but I'm wondering if the Civic Hatch also is. I sure can't tell, they look clear to me but I'd like to know because obviously adding 35% film to 75% windows will bring me well below 35% which is the legal limit and all I want in Illinois.

Thanks!
Most cars now a days are slightly tinted - there's no set %, best thing would be to take the car to the tint installer, and have him look.

Assuming your numbers, 35 on top of 75 will net you 26%, which still isn't that dark.

OP
OP

canyonblue737

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch, '14 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
Country flag
Most cars now a days are slightly tinted - there's no set %, best thing would be to take the car to the tint installer, and have him look.

Assuming your numbers, 35 on top of 75 will net you 26%, which still isn't that dark.
Thanks. I'm going to a very well reviewed installer, should I assume he will have a meter to measure exactly what it is? I truly don't want darker than 35%.

If the factory windows are in the 70s already a 50% tint should bring the overall to 35-38% which for me is perfect.

Last edited:

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
Thanks. I'm going to a very well reviewed installer, should I assume he will have a meter to measure exactly what it is? I truly don't want darker than 35%.

If the factory windows are in the 70s already a 50% tint should bring the overall to 35-38% which for me is perfect.
Call and ask to see if they have a Tint Meter. I think I saw an app for it as well but I donno how reliable that'd be.
Sponsored