17 civic ex sedan Sundown x15

DomoChino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Toyota Matrix, 17 Civic EX
I've been running a sundown sa-10 for about a month now and been unpleased with the output. Had the sundown x15 in my hatch toyota xrs laying around. Anybody interested on updates? I've been on the forum for a little while but seems like there aren't that many bass head like myself I'm assuming?
Honda Civic 10th gen 17 civic ex sedan Sundown x15 20170814_205500
Sponsored

x6369x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
Looks good.
What amp are you running?
Do you have any rattles and did you sound deaden the rear deck?
I installed my old Atomic APX12 running and 600W Kicker amp and the rear deck rattle at low volume is killing me.
I applied 1 layer of Second Skin Damplifier and it didn't help.
I noticed that if I push on the center of the rear deck, the rattles go away ... maybe I just need to put some padding under there.

OP
OP
DomoChino

DomoChino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good.
What amp are you running?
Do you have any rattles and did you sound deaden the rear deck?
I installed my old Atomic APX12 running and 600W Kicker amp and the rear deck rattle at low volume is killing me.
I applied 1 layer of Second Skin Damplifier and it didn't help.
I noticed that if I push on the center of the rear deck, the rattles go away ... maybe I just need to put some padding under there.
As of right now my car is still completely stock, so I haven't done any sound deadening. This sub hits super low at around 32htz. As soon as a get a new fuse after work I'll update you on the rattling issue if there is any. I'm running a hifonics 1200 which does the job very well. Unfortently with our size battery I'm way under powering the sub.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
somewhat used to be, still wish I could but these days I need my trunk space and dont want to weigh the car down a ton. I had 3 ppi flat 10's on a hifonics 1200 1.5@35 each and it was pretty loud but I had ZERO trunk space. this time Im going with something real tame, either my 2 ID8s or single REX12 off a RF300.1. wiring is in I just am waiting for the time to fiberglass a mold of the spare tire well... and Im SURE Ill get a flat within a week of pulling the spare! lol

ever ran any SSA?

OP
OP
DomoChino

DomoChino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
somewhat used to be, still wish I could but these days I need my trunk space and dont want to weigh the car down a ton. I had 3 ppi flat 10's on a hifonics 1200 1.5@35 each and it was pretty loud but I had ZERO trunk space. this time Im going with something real tame, either my 2 ID8s or single REX12 off a RF300.1. wiring is in I just am waiting for the time to fiberglass a mold of the spare tire well... and Im SURE Ill get a flat within a week of pulling the spare! lol

ever ran any SSA?
I never ran any ssa products but I might have to check them out! So update on the install, running this sub at 500 watts right now. I am not hearing and vibrations from the tail brake light at full volume. Unlike the 10 I had previously, were I am hearing horrible vibrations is under the car between both muffles. I'm thinking it might be from the heat shield but I'll continue to update on this.

Reynaud95

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ext
Country flag
What are the dimensions of this box? I have ext sedan and I'm trying to find out how big I can go. I have a Gately audio 15 inch box but it doesn't fit lol

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
What are the dimensions of this box? I have ext sedan and I'm trying to find out how big I can go. I have a Gately audio 15 inch box but it doesn't fit lol
Can't speak for the OP of this thread but I'm in the process of building something similar (actually on here trying to find the guide I remember seeing last year when I first looked into putting a sub in that had pictures showing how people routed their power wire and all that from the front), but the biggest box that will easily "slot" into the trunk (inserting one end first then pivoting into position) is 40" wide (can't go wider, this is the dimension between the shock towers), 18 inch deep and 13.5" tall (you might be able to squeeze a little more on the height but the pivot maneuver might not work if you stay 40" wide).

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Can't speak for the OP of this thread but I'm in the process of building something similar (actually on here trying to find the guide I remember seeing last year when I first looked into putting a sub in that had pictures showing how people routed their power wire and all that from the front), but the biggest box that will easily "slot" into the trunk (inserting one end first then pivoting into position) is 40" wide (can't go wider, this is the dimension between the shock towers), 18 inch deep and 13.5" tall (you might be able to squeeze a little more on the height but the pivot maneuver might not work if you stay 40" wide).
I had a mustang once with a huge trunk but a really small opening so I cut the pieces and actually assembled it in the trunk. Fit 3.5 cubes net where if I built something outside to slide in I'd have maybe 2.5 gross.

NonyaBisness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I had a mustang once with a huge trunk but a really small opening so I cut the pieces and actually assembled it in the trunk. Fit 3.5 cubes net where if I built something outside to slide in I'd have maybe 2.5 gross.
I once went into a trunk through the back seat on one car because it wouldn't fit through the trunk opening and it was such a tight fit there was no bringing it back out that way so I had to take it apart to take it out.

Here is a picture of the box with the dimensions listed above in my previous post, it was absolutely the tightest fit without assembling in the trunk.

Honda Civic 10th gen 17 civic ex sedan Sundown x15 20200927_212218

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Seat opening was tiny too. Only had a couple 8s ported in my civic. Just got a gen1 crv so I got more room but I don't think I'll do much there either because I like the idea of keeping my dog back there off the seats...
Sponsored