10th generation Honda Civic amplifier setup

Billnuts19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Coupe lx-p
Country flag
Hi All,
Brand new member here, and I'll admit happy to be so. Never joined a site like this before. After reading a few threads and seeing how professional and courteous everyone is, enticed me to join entice me to join.
I just bought 2016 Honda Civic
Coupe lx-p, which has a basic 4 speaker setup. I absolutely love my new car but I have to get the sound up to par. I have purchased the following * 2 subs 12inch 4 coaxial speakers a mono amp and a 4 channel amp* along with all the speaker harness and amo wiring kit.
My question to you good people is how would I go about wiring this myself. Is it very hard to do? I have done older cars in the past but never new and never a Honda. I no I maybe asking alot in regards to helping me, but if anyone could provide me with any information or hints or anything, I would extremely greatful and my ears would love ya lol. Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide me.
PS.... Also how do I remove the headunit to install the loc on a factory unit.
Sponsored

BigThurman006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX; 2015 Ford Edge SE
Hi All,
Brand new member here, and I'll admit happy to be so. Never joined a site like this before. After reading a few threads and seeing how professional and courteous everyone is, enticed me to join entice me to join.
I just bought 2016 Honda Civic
Coupe lx-p, which has a basic 4 speaker setup. I absolutely love my new car but I have to get the sound up to par. I have purchased the following * 2 subs 12inch 4 coaxial speakers a mono amp and a 4 channel amp* along with all the speaker harness and amo wiring kit.
My question to you good people is how would I go about wiring this myself. Is it very hard to do? I have done older cars in the past but never new and never a Honda. I no I maybe asking alot in regards to helping me, but if anyone could provide me with any information or hints or anything, I would extremely greatful and my ears would love ya lol. Thank you all in advance for any help you can provide me.
PS.... Also how do I remove the headunit to install the loc on a factory unit.
Hey Billnuts19, I have an EX and plan on upgrading to a sub in the near future but I have had these threads bookmarked as references for some time. Hope it helps.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-lx-kenwood-audio-receiver-install.4054/

http://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-install-subwoofer-in-non-touring-p300-10.5478/

OP
OP

Billnuts19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Hey Billnuts19, I have an EX and plan on upgrading to a sub in the near future but I have had these threads bookmarked as references for some time. Hope it helps.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/2016-civic-lx-kenwood-audio-receiver-install.4054/

http://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-install-subwoofer-in-non-touring-p300-10.5478/
Thank you so much for that big Thurman 06
What a big help both of those threads are. Now I'm excited to start working on it. Again thank you so much for responding to my thread if you should need help in the near future I'll be sure to take pictures of the job I do this weekend for ya.
Thanks a million
Billy.S

OP
OP

Billnuts19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
ez-ist route for 12vdc heavy gauge wire to the amp from the battery is behind the battery, you'll see a big rubber grommet thats the one.
Thank you so much for that, that's a big big help. I was wondering how I was going to tackle that part. Many thanks.

OP
OP

Billnuts19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thank you so much for that, that's a big big help. I was wondering how I was going to tackle that part. Many thanks.
Hey guys,
Hey guys,
Ok so after thinking about what I want to do I came up with this idea. If you could kindly let me know how this sounds or if it's plausible that would be great. After looking into it and thinking about what I really want to do I decided to start with a minor adjustment start saving up to get what I really really want. So I picked up the kenwood amp 2000 watts (1000 rms) and 2 12" kenwood subs 400rms amp kit and a capacitor 5 fered. Would it be good to install that, keeping my factory speakers and headunit. Do you personally think it would make a decent difference in terms of sound. Hope I gave you enough information. I truly hope to hear from you soon. Again thanks for all your help and all the information you provided thus far.
Regards,
Billy

BigThurman006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX; 2015 Ford Edge SE
Hey guys,

Hey guys,
Ok so after thinking about what I want to do I came up with this idea. If you could kindly let me know how this sounds or if it's plausible that would be great. After looking into it and thinking about what I really want to do I decided to start with a minor adjustment start saving up to get what I really really want. So I picked up the kenwood amp 2000 watts (1000 rms) and 2 12" kenwood subs 400rms amp kit and a capacitor 5 fered. Would it be good to install that, keeping my factory speakers and headunit. Do you personally think it would make a decent difference in terms of sound. Hope I gave you enough information. I truly hope to hear from you soon. Again thanks for all your help and all the information you provided thus far.
Regards,
Billy
Hi Billy,

I have been thinking on this some as well. I have two 12" Sony Xplods (1300w max each) and a Sony Xplod Amp (1000w). I think at first I will try one sub at ~800w (or 1000w can't remember the wattage at 1 channel...)and see how that sounds. The EX trim has the tweeters in the front and I have actually been very impressed with the sound overall; although it definitely lacks on the low-end bass. I can't recall off the top of my head if the LX-P has tweeters, but the LX does not and I can see that adversely affecting the sound. I will probably go without a cap; especially if I only run one sub.

Lastly, had I gone with an LX or Sport trim I definitely would have swapped the radio out with an aftermarket one. Enough people have done it and documented their work at this point that I think it could be done much easier now; not to mention parts availability. However, I went with the EX trim so I wouldn't have to mod it as much. In my past experience, an aftermarket radio brings speakers to life. I replaced the radio in my old Ford Ranger last Jan after previously installing Clarion and Kicker speakers and was blown away by the difference. CivicX folks that have swapped their LX and Sport radio (most add tweeters as well) have expressed similar sentiments.

All that being said, I have no idea when I will get to it with a toddler and a newborn...
Sponsored