10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Myx what mods do you have on your car or is it stock? I believe I did your step method correctly because the car felt and seemed faster.
Ktuner Stage 2 and a PRL Motorsports downpipe (cat) now. During the runs above I had a PRL Front Pipe and 3" Injen Exhaust, 3" Xcelerator muffler. I've since removed the front pipe, Injen exhaust and Xcelerator muffler back to stock piping.

Glad you tried the Myxal Two-Step and got positive results. I've been having trouble being consistent with the Myxal Two-Step from a dead stop but from a roll it seems to work great. From a dead stop, the rpm seems to jump up to 6krpm pretty quick, then the traction control kicks in (as it should-turbo-oops) and then the rpms fall to 5k. Then the rpms jumps back up to 6k rpm and continues as normal. I can't expect much more from fwd and the boost kicking in like this. With tuning, hoping to actually throttle back the mid range boost so I don't lose traction.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Ktuner Stage 2 and a PRL Motorsports downpipe (cat) now. During the runs above I had a PRL Front Pipe and 3" Injen Exhaust, 3" Xcelerator muffler. Iv'e since removed the front pipe, Injen exhaust and Xcelerator muffler back to stock piping. ....
Why'd you return to stock? Do you think you lost much by doing so?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why'd you return to stock?
1) My PRL Motorsports front pipe was hitting/rattling against my intermediate drive axle. The PRL Motorsports front pipe became damaged in the process.
2) The 3" Hybrid (I modified it) Injen exhaust sounded great at idle and driving around. Extended driving over 1hr or more and it became VERY annoying.

I tell myself personally that if I notice my exhaust after driving my car 1hr or more into my drive that it is too loud. I should be thinking of my family, what I did yesterday or planning for tomorrow that far into my drive. Not noticing my exhaust. Just my personal pet peeve. So I changed it back to stock.

Do you think you lost much by doing so?
I don't think I lost anything. It still doesn't make sense to me how opening up the front pipe gains you any horsepower/torque over the stock one. I can understand the cat converter as the innards of the stock cat converter 'could' be more restrictive than an aftermarket one. But just changing the front pipe to me makes no sense. If you are going to open up the front pipe for more hp/tq, you should open up the rest of the exhaust from the front pipe back to the muffler at least the same diameter as the front pipe. Otherwise, the exhaust going back to the muffler is the new bottleneck. PRL supposedly tested running without any exhaust and showed no power loss from running the stock exhaust. So, logically ( to me anyways), it makes sense to only change the stock cat converter (downpipe) for more power. I mentioned PRL's testing but I don't just go by what a vendor states but it is helpful. I do my own testing.

I hate going by what I think though and usually don't share that info. When I can, I'll be taking my car back to the track and comparing my 1/4 mile times with my 1/4 mile times I ran with the PRL Front Pipe and Injen 3" exhaust. I specifically will be looking at my 60ft time, 1/8 mile and 1/4 mile trap speed. If my 60ft times are better or worse, I know the impact of switching back to stock piping has on my off idle acceleration. If my 1/8th mile and 1/4 mile speed is higher or lower, I know that I've either gained or loss horsepower. Weather conditions would have to be similar though.

A long answer to two quick questions, I know. :(

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Yeah I'm lucky... Sort of...

I've seen people paying almost a dollar less than premium I think for e85. Now that gas is climbing and e85 hasn't it's catching up but for quite a while I was paying a dollar more, down to about 70 cents more last I checked but I've been on pump for a while.

What's your next move? Or is it secret. When I get back home I'm going flex fuel, new intake, hopefully getting the clutch in. Have everything for that just hope I find the time to DO it...

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I'm lucky... Sort of...

I've seen people paying almost a dollar less than premium I think for e85. Now that gas is climbing and e85 hasn't it's catching up but for quite a while I was paying a dollar more, down to about 70 cents more last I checked but I've been on pump for a while.

What's your next move? Or is it secret. When I get back home I'm going flex fuel, new intake, hopefully getting the clutch in. Have everything for that just hope I find the time to DO it...
With a new clutch and more possible power from the flex fuel, I'm seeing 13.3-13.4's in your near future. I'd hope to see you break PRL's 13.1 1/4 mile run actually. I'm really looking forward to your results.

No secret moves here!

I have the PRL CAI and Intercooler on order but I'm not confident they will do that much. Outside of this, I may play with a few things with tire pressures, spring spacers, etc. And I have some more experimenting to do with the CVT.

A bigger turbo is not in my future. This little turbo is key to help the CVT get off the line. Hoping the intake modification helps with turbo spool-up a little. These things are where my mind is at, at the moment.

Last edited:

OsosikMedia

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Si 2017 Civic SI x2
Country flag

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I gather to be right where you are at trap speed wise, I'd have to make approximately 40hp more than I am making now. And to get to the Type R's trap speed of about 108mph, I'd need to make 70hp more than where I am at now. This is based on my current trap of 97mph. Since I only plan on installing an upgraded intercooler and intake, neither of these scenarios are going to happen. Best case is 12-15hp tops. If lucky! This seems to be the reality of things right now.

Guess I'll have to dig in my bag of tricks to come up with something outside of just raw hp. :bow: For now! :D

The nearest E85 gas station is in another state (Pennsylvania). That option is out.
Order some c85 from VP, its more consistent than e85, and you can add it when you go to the track so you aren't spending a fortune daily driving. E is so much cheaper than C by the way. And its a HUGE difference between 93 and e30-e40 blend. The power it makes is very very noticeable.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This past Friday, 9/22/17, we took our shop Si car to the local dragway, Keystone Raceway Park. We were curious what kind of times everyone was running, but had a hard time find anything. Let's put together a thread for everyone to post 1/4 mile times to help push this platform even further!

To help avoid repetitive questions and keep things concise, we ask that you post the following:
  • Picture of Time Slip -- [email protected]
  • Year/Model/Sub-Model - 2018 EX Hatchback
  • Trans - CVT
  • Modifications - Ktuner Stage 2 Base Map, PRL Downpipe
  • Power Numbers (If Known) - N/A
Track name and elevation is a plus! Cecil County Dragway - 320ft.
Great night for racing. Temp was 33f-34F. Humidity was low. Air density was around -874ft. Did 9 runs. Came to test 'D', 'S', 'L' and Myxal Two-Stepping in whatever ones were there best. 'L' gear was the worst. Only did two runs with this. 1st run actually caused machine gun backfire, like it did at Atco Raceway. Going to list all the runs below in case they are difficult to read. VSA was off on all runs. Front tire inflation was at 28psi on all runs except #9 (Last run).

1. [email protected] mph, 60ft - 2.172, 'D' Gear
  2. [email protected], 60ft - 2.179, 'S' Gear
  3. [email protected], 60ft - 2.177, 'L' Gear (Machine gun back fire once rpms hit 6000rpm. Don't just mash the accelerator in 'L' gear with a tune. Stock was fine)
  4. [email protected], 60ft - 2.200, 'L' Gear (Myxal Two-Step, no machine gun backfire when doing this. Still low trap speed)
  5. [email protected], 60ft - 2.179, 'D' Gear
  6. [email protected], 60ft - 2.195, 'D' Gear (Myxal Two-Step)
  7. [email protected], 60ft - 2.178, 'S' Gear (Myxal Two-Step)
  8. [email protected], 60ft - 2.250, 'S' Gear
  9. [email protected], 60ft - 2.221, 'D' Gear

Had fun, learning a lot! Creeped into the 13's with this CVT. With a base tune and a downpipe. Pretty damn awesome! This car is incredible. So far....... More testing to do with more mods. Stay tuned!
BTW: I won't compare these runs to my runs with the PRL Front Pipe and 3" Injen exhaust because they were at another track. The conditions were very similar though.

Also, hitting high 2.1 60ft times was effortless. I don't have the best of tires either since I'm testing a weird setup for how it affects gearing. Will replace with some good dry traction tires after I get some wear on these.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 11-24-17 Runs

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 13-901 Time

Last edited:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cecil County Dragway - 320ft.

Great night for racing. Temp was 33f-34F. Humidity was low. Air density was around -874ft. Did 9 runs. Came to test 'D', 'S', 'L' and Myxal Two-Stepping in whatever ones were there best. 'L' gear was the worst. Only did two runs with this. 1st run actually caused machine gun backfire, like it did at Atco Raceway. Going to list all the runs below in case they are difficult to read. VSA was off on all runs. Front tire inflation was at 28psi on all runs except #9 (Last run).

3. [email protected], 60ft - 2.177, 'L' Gear (Machine gun back fire once rpms hit 6000rpm. Don't just mash the accelerator in 'L' gear with a tune. Stock was fine)
  4. [email protected], 60ft - 2.200, 'L' Gear (Myxal Two-Step, no machine gun backfire when doing this. Still low trap speed)

Had fun, learning a lot! Creeped into the 13's with this CVT. With a base tune and a downpipe. Pretty damn awesome! This car is incredible. So far....... More testing to do with more mods. Stay tuned!
BTW: I won't compare these runs to my runs with the PRL Front Pipe and 3" Injen exhaust because they were at another track. The conditions were very similar though.

Also, hitting high 2.1 60ft times was effortless. I don't have the best of tires either since I'm testing a weird setup for how it affects gearing. Will replace with some good dry traction tires after I get some wear on these.

11-24-17 Runs.jpg

13-901 Time.jpg
you the true MVP :thumbsup: i sure wish my track and hurry up and get a new timing system already.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Cecil County Dragway - 320ft.

That's pretty impressive. Obviously I need to work on getting off the line a little more.
So the best run was without the "2 step"?

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's pretty impressive. Obviously I need to work on getting off the line a little more.
So the best run was without the "2 step"?
Yes sir! Just light brake torque at the line and floor it. You want to know something even stranger? On two of the 'D' runs, it only did the fake gear shift once during each of those runs. Meaning, on both of those 'D' runs, it fake shifted once and then went back to redline and stayed there. Will keep an eye on this.

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I tried to time my stupid electronic parking brake so I could do something similar from the line just slipping the clutch a little then timing the release of the clutch with the release of the brake but I didn't get anywhere close the first time so I just gave up and went back to what was working best for me.

I wonder if that transmission programming is an '18 thing?

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
What I notice on the CVT is if your tire spins just a little bit. The CVT ratio changes
Sponsored