10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have to admit I haven't driven a CVT CivicX so the programming might make me like it a little more but my 9th Accord non sport/no paddles (I picked color over transmission) the CVT was nice for the family car/in traffic but for trying to have fun I HATED it. Then of course a couple years later Honda gave me the big F U and made the 6MT available in WOP... I actually almost got the 17 Accord sport 6mt.

Anyways back to 1/4 mile times. Good luck at the track.
My 14 Sport CVT accord felt completely different than this civic CVT. The accord, the rubber band effect is real and obvious. Not so much on this civic. It feels more like turbo lag (its not,its the cvt) but you dont get those wide spreads of the RPMs racing up like on the Accord before it actually goes
Sponsored

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh man.....weather is going to be frigid this Friday. High temp only 39F with 16mph winds and 25mph gusts. Highly doubting the track is going to be open. They usually wimp out when temps creep into the 30's. If I can't get a run in, then screw stock times. Ready to get started on this. :D Just giving a heads up because IF the tracks do open (East coast...Northeast), and the temps remain cold, this could be a good time for some good times. Heads up! Get out there....

I'm going to see if I can get the Type R guy that came out to Cecil last time to come out next week. I'd be happy to race him and be stomped on. Should make a good video though. :thumbsup:

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag
I am not home but I remember in an article not too long ago that they ran a CVT Turbo coupe and timed a 14.9 Quarter Mile with a 0-60 in thed mid 60s. I will link the article when I get back home tonight but I agree with the posters here that the manuals will be faster but that does not mean the CVT is a slouch. The CVT however will never let you unleash the 1.5L Turbo's full potential. I personally probably would have bought the manual if I was still medically capable of driving one.

Reactions: Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am not home but I remember in an article not too long ago that they ran a CVT Turbo coupe and timed a 14.9 Quarter Mile with a 0-60 in thed mid 60s. I will link the article when I get back home tonight but I agree with the posters here that the manuals will be faster but that does not mean the CVT is a slouch. The CVT however will never let you unleash the 1.5L Turbo's full potential. I personally probably would have bought the manual if I was still medically capable of driving one.
Who said I'm trying to get the turbo's full potential? Maybe I won't need it. That's what races are for. If someone comes out, I'd be happy to race. I can hit up Cecil County as well as Atco Raceway. Winter is approaching and tracks are winding down but I do see these two still have dates in November. I just called Cecil today (and will again tomorrow) and they are still scheduling tomorrow night. If they open tomorrow night, I'm only checking for my stock time. Otherwise, I'd be happy to race some regular manual trannied 10th gen civics, Si's and/or Type R's just for fun. Especially after I get some mods going. Let's see how the CVT does against the better cars. I'm putting it out there. Will post my 1/4 mile times regardless. I have no excuses! Will be awesome to get some video footage though. If so....Don't Miss A Shift! :p See ya'll at the track(s). ;)

Don't mind me, I've always been this way. I'm not about talking about how things are supposed to be or should be. Just the results. That's all that ever matters to me. Let's see what some regular folks can do on what is supposed to be a better platform than the CVT. I will start modifications this Saturday forward.

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX-T Coupe 1.5L T, 2020 Camaro LT1 6.2L V8, 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 4.0L L6
Country flag

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welp....just checked the track and due to the cold weather, it's closed all weekend.

Screw stock 1/4 mile times now. Time to commence with modding. Woot, Woot!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
To help avoid repetitive questions and keep things concise, we ask that you post the following:
  • Picture of Time Slip - Posted Pic Below
  • Year/Model/Sub-Model - 2018 1.5ltr turbo EX Hatchback
  • Trans - CVT
  • Modifications - PRL Motorsports Downpipe/Front Pipe, Hybrid 3" Injen Exhaust with 3" Xcelerator Muffler, Ktuner Stage 2 Base map.
  • Power Numbers (If Known) - N/A
Track name and elevation is a plus! Atco Raceway 11/14/2017, 88.6ft Elevation
It was a cold night with temps approaching 35F. Perfect for turbo. Atco's burnout box does not allow you to go around it so you have to ride through the water. I did back to back runs since the track was going to close within an hour due to cold temps. So no cooldowns since arriving at the track. All runs done in 'L' gear. All I was trying to do the 'Myxal Two-Step'. The only exception was run #4 in which I simply floored the accelerator. The car bounced off the rev limiter and it sounded like machine gun fire in the back of me until I let off and floored it again. :lol: Fun times!

Bad news: I simply could NOT get into the high 13's. I tried different ways of taking off from a dead stop but didn't want to load up the transmission too much from a dead stop. I just couldn't get into the high 13's.

even tuned CVTs are going to be pigs off the line. with 2.5-2.8 60 ft times, I feel like the CVT is going to be stuck in the 14s. Now they may trap some nice mph, but thats it. Mine is a beast from a 40 roll.
@dallasjhawk Got good news for you!

Good news: If you heard people talking about how bad the CVT is from a dead stop, take a look at my 60ft times. I was knocking off 2.2 60ft times back to back. The only time I loaded up the transmission some I was able to get a high 2.1 60ft foot. All on street tires. In a CVT! I will practice more careful 'loading' to get the turbo to spool up in future runs to see how things go. Luckily going through the wet burnout box didn't hurt me too much.

The times!
[email protected] 60ft: 2.280
[email protected] 60ft: 2.191
[email protected] 60ft: 2.212
[email protected] 60ft: 2.239
[email protected] 60ft: 2.215

There's something to be said about my trap speed. Looks like I'll need to work on this. @maddmatt02 .....your are trapping 4-5mph faster than I am. Giddamn it! Gonna catch you somehow. To be continued! :mad::thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th Gen Civic 1/4 Mile Times 11-14-17 Honda Civic Ktuner 2 Exhaust

Last edited:

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I hate to admit it but a tune on a higher ethanol blend and you'll probably just about be right there with me... I'll say it's all because of the 35 degree temps just to make myself feel better though:cool:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was a cold night with temps approaching 35F. Perfect for turbo. Atco's burnout box does not allow you to go around it so you have to ride through the water. I did back to back runs since the track was going to close within an hour due to cold temps. So no cooldowns since arriving at the track. All runs done in 'L' gear. All I was trying to do the 'Myxal Two-Step'. The only exception was run #4 in which I simply floored the accelerator. The car bounced off the rev limiter and it sounded like machine gun fire in the back of me until I let off and floored it again. :lol: Fun times!

Bad news: I simply could NOT get into the high 13's. I tried different ways of taking off from a dead stop but didn't want to load up the transmission too much from a dead stop. I just couldn't get into the high 13's.

@dallasjhawk Got good news for you!

Good news: If you heard people talking about how bad the CVT is from a dead stop, take a look at my 60ft times. I was knocking off 2.2 60ft times back to back. The only time I loaded up the transmission some I was able to get a high 2.1 60ft foot. All on street tires. In a CVT! I will practice more careful 'loading' to get the turbo to spool up in future runs to see how things go. Luckily going through the wet burnout box didn't hurt me too much.

The times!
[email protected] 60ft: 2.280
[email protected] 60ft: 2.191
[email protected] 60ft: 2.212
[email protected] 60ft: 2.239
[email protected] 60ft: 2.215

There's something to be said about my trap speed. Looks like I'll need to work on this. @maddmatt02 .....your are trapping 4-5mph faster than I am. Giddamn it! Gonna catch you somehow. To be continued! :mad::thumbsup:

11-14-17 Honda Civic Ktuner 2 Exhaust.jpg
well then!!! i got me some work to do. Awesome times, makes us with CVT's have something to look forward too. those temps though :drive:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
did you have VSA and TC fully off or still enabled?

D-RobIMW

www.imwtuned.com
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2001 Integra Type R, 2019 RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Man, I need to learn how to 60 foot!

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hate to admit it but a tune on a higher ethanol blend and you'll probably just about be right there with me... I'll say it's all because of the 35 degree temps just to make myself feel better though:cool:
I gather to be right where you are at trap speed wise, I'd have to make approximately 40hp more than I am making now. And to get to the Type R's trap speed of about 108mph, I'd need to make 70hp more than where I am at now. This is based on my current trap of 97mph. Since I only plan on installing an upgraded intercooler and intake, neither of these scenarios are going to happen. Best case is 12-15hp tops. If lucky! This seems to be the reality of things right now.

Guess I'll have to dig in my bag of tricks to come up with something outside of just raw hp. :bow: For now! :D

The nearest E85 gas station is in another state (Pennsylvania). That option is out.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Ethanol ethanol ethanol! lol. My custom pump tune was just a little higher than stage 2 and then e30 was another 27hp.

Devcom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Myx what mods do you have on your car or is it stock? I believe I did your step method correctly because the car felt and seemed faster.
Sponsored