1.5T engine and vibration

Diversion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've owned a few brand new turbo cars and they all seem to be rougher at idle than my non-turbo cars.. Seems more like a turbo thing perhaps.
Sponsored

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I notice with the 1.5 fit i tested there was really no vibration at idle. This car I definitely
Feel some and when I turn the car off you can feel it. But I doesn't bother me much.

cjayyy_d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hi Everyone. I don't want to be the one to freak everyone out but I too have that diesel like noise. I immediately called Honda Care and was sent by a rep to have a third look at the vehicle. They identified the noise and immediately wanted to put me in a rental. 24 hours later I received a call stating the service tech has found metal shavings in my oil reservoir. They don't look like curly shavings from machines when the car was built and now they are talking to engineers in California. I am giving them wiggle room to figure this out, if not I will push for a lemon. I'll keep you guys posted.

semiglossSix55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
I just got my 1.5 in July. I didn't notice at first but it definitely shakes, both while in idle and while decelerating. Now that I notice it - I really HATE it. To me, the whole ride is just not smooth. Really disappointing - this is my first Honda. I actually took it back to the dealership - they didn't look at it but had someone drive it for a bit, who said that's just the way the transmissions are now and other ppl like it.

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
I just got my 1.5 in July. I didn't notice at first but it definitely shakes, both while in idle and while decelerating. Now that I notice it - I really HATE it. To me, the whole ride is just not smooth. Really disappointing - this is my first Honda. I actually took it back to the dealership - they didn't look at it but had someone drive it for a bit, who said that's just the way the transmissions are now and other ppl like it.
Try a different gasoline or different station. Mine runs very smooth most of the time. There are some times when I feel some vibration in idle and that does bother me.

domm92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've actually noticed that when I first start the car the engine sound rough and vibrates until I shift to D. Then the viberation is almost completely gone and it doesn't sound rough. But as soon and I put it back in P the revs raise back up and it sounds rough again and viberates. I'm thinking that just how it acts and sounds before the car warms up and the revs drop. Weird that I never noticed it before though.

cjayyy_d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Hey guys! I forgot to post about my experience after California Honda Engineers researched my vehicles vibration issues in idle or park. Funny thing is the engine is designed to be very refined and vibration is not normal. The inter cooler pipe actually was rubbing against the frame since the clearance is tight. However the pipe has to expand to rub against the frame, so usually when the car is hot. They installed a crucial spacer and my car is now whisper quiet, the way it was designed to be. Contact your local authorized Honda dealer or go through Honda care.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
Hey guys! I forgot to post about my experience after California Honda Engineers researched my vehicles vibration issues in idle or park. Funny thing is the engine is designed to be very refined and vibration is not normal. The inter cooler pipe actually was rubbing against the frame since the clearance is tight. However the pipe has to expand to rub against the frame, so usually when the car is hot. They installed a crucial spacer and my car is now whisper quiet, the way it was designed to be. Contact your local authorized Honda dealer or go through Honda care.
is there a service builtin for this?

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Do you happen to have a picture of the receipt so I can show to my dealer? These guys over here wont do a thing without replicating, except they are not willing to try to replicate.

cjayyy_d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Do you happen to have a picture of the receipt so I can show to my dealer? These guys over here wont do a thing without replicating, except they are not willing to try to replicate.
Hello, I indeed do have all my records in a safe dry place within my glove box. However, my Civic suffered severe damage from an auto accident on August 31st. Air bags deployed, Honda Link activated, you name it, it happened. The person who hit me was texting and the damages of my car racked up to $15k. Thankfully we are all safe and the moment I have possession of my vehicle I will personally email the info since it has private address info on it.

eXultanCe

eXult
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
Hello, I indeed do have all my records in a safe dry place within my glove box. However, my Civic suffered severe damage from an auto accident on August 31st. Air bags deployed, Honda Link activated, you name it, it happened. The person who hit me was texting and the damages of my car racked up to $15k. Thankfully we are all safe and the moment I have possession of my vehicle I will personally email the info since it has private address info on it.
Glad to hear you're okay!

cjayyy_d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
is there a service builtin for this?
There was no service bulletin posted what so ever, however I am sure a quota must be reached to take any evasive action. I think we are pretty limited since our dealers have no idea whats going on. I have records for you to take and replicate at your Honda Dealership. If you want?

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
Is this the sound you are all refering to?
This is my new civic right exhaust sound and my dealer says its fine!!!! Grrr

Last edited:

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag
Is this the sound you are all refering to?
This is my new civic right exhaust sound and my dealer says its fine!!!! Grrr
That.. doesnt sound normal at all
Ask them to compare it to a brand new car at the lot right in front of you.
Sponsored