1.5T engine and vibration

ray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EXT
Hi All,
Picked up my EX-T few days ago. The engine has noise like a Diesel engine and I can feel the engine vibration at idling (park or neutral). Does anyone "feel" the same?
Thanks
Ray
Sponsored

takemorepills

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Prelude Si
Country flag
The noise is normal for a DI motor. DI injection is similar to diesel injection, and they sound the same.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Part of that is due to the fuel pump pushing around 450 PSI at idle. You should hear a ticking noise coming from the top of the head near the injectors.

ROCKOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda Civic Sedan
I got my civic 4 days ago, and I hear that noise as well, thank you for your information.

Red/Rally 1.5L Turbo

amalgamate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I notice this on mine as well especially when the motor is even slightly cold. I've noticed when I'm in park the engine is idling at about 1500 RPM's when it's cold. It's pretty loud idling at 1500 RPM. When I get to work and put it in park, I'm at about 1000 RPM's. Can anyone else report similar? Thanks!

Kay06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
I just got my 1st Honda about a week ago. I have the 2016 lx and my car vibrates in idle. I dont hear anything but feel it and i hate it!!!!

TyBu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Yeah, it's almost hilarious how different the engine feels idling at 1500 RPM when its warming up vs. 1000. Like, V8 -> Electric car.

MyFirstHonda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
On two occasions I think I've felt a slight pulsing sensation at idle.

Kay06

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic lx
On two occasions I think I've felt a slight pulsing sensation at idle.
Yea i always feel it at idle. Apparently these cars do that. Its annoying because I've never had that problem in my other cars. Thats the only thing i hate about this car

Last edited:

Ikabob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Accord Touring
Country flag
I have a new Civic Touring (love it) and I traded in my 2002 Passat (206K miles). My Passat required 93 Octane gasoline, so I thought I'd use the same for my new Civic...until I read some threads and I was re-educated (thank you). With 93 Octane Sunoco I felt some vibration at stop lights , etc. Now using 87 Octane Shell, I believe it's somewhat smoother and the Turbo/CVT are more compatible.

It may be the placebo effect but I really like the difference. FWIW.

Great car, great dealership in Westerville, Ohio.

Pat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
The turbo engine is incredibly smooth for the power it produces. A very slight vibration noticeable under very limited conditions is not a "problem". You could more accurately describe it as a characteristic of the engine. I really can't imagine it being any better unless it were all electric.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I can handle the slight amount of vibration at idle, it's a 4-banger. Smooth as silk when driving, all the way to redline.

invader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corolla Hatch SE 6-spd
Country flag
If you wouldn't feel any vibrations at idle, the motor mounts would be too soft to handle full power... It is an inline four, which happens to produce a fair amount of power that needs to be adequately harnessed under all driving conditions.

Honda 2016 exl T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic exl t
I bought my 2016 Honda Civic EX L turbo in December 2015 and I also feel it slightly vibration when and at the red light it seems to be that is normal so I feel a little bit better now even though I don't like that
Sponsored