Mark6751

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Have not had much luck finding an exhaust system for my 19 sport sedan with 2.0L engine, has anyone done a muffler delete on one and how does it sound? & did you use the stock hdmi exhaust tip or get center mounted dual tips? did try to listen to a few youtube videos but not sure if like how some of those sounded, thanks!
Sponsored

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport 6MT 2.0L, 2018 Civic Sedan LX CVT 2.0L, 1998 EJ8 Civic Coupe, 1993 EJ1 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Personally, I really like it! It has a nice deep tone the whole way through to red line. I have owned a number of loud cars in the past though so this seems pretty mild to me. It is nice to have the sound there when you want it, but at the same time, I can turn up the music and not even know that I have it done. The only time it ever feels a little loud in the car is when you are cruising right around 2,000 RPM's. That is just something to consider if you have the CVT. I've had this done for a couple of months now and I think I might go a little bit louder just for my taste. Also, I did re-use the stock HDMI tip. I hope that this helps you some!

OP
OP
Mark6751

Mark6751

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Thanks for the information! do you have any photos of it or sound clips? & i do have the cvt on mine.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I personally wouldn't. I've seen the videos of muffler deleted 2.0's and they sound a little too rice for my taste. I would go with something like a flowmaster DBX muffler instead if you're really looking for some extra sound. That would probably be better.

OP
OP
Mark6751

Mark6751

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
yeah i was considering replacing muffler also, do you know the part number for the flowmaster dbx? is that what you are using and how do you like it?

SKOOK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe Sport 6MT 2.0L, 2018 Civic Sedan LX CVT 2.0L, 1998 EJ8 Civic Coupe, 1993 EJ1 Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the information! do you have any photos of it or sound clips? & i do have the cvt on mine.
I honestly don't have any yet. I will do my best to upload some pictures and a video here by this weekend for you!

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
yeah i was considering replacing muffler also, do you know the part number for the flowmaster dbx? is that what you are using and how do you like it?
I also recommend the dbx. I got it on mine. There is actually a couple of us on this forum that have had it done. On mine I had the muffler and resonator deleted and had the Flowmaster dbx muffler welded in the place of the resonator. There is no drone at cruising. You can hear it pretty good while accelerating but once you are cruising it is pretty quiet. Believe it or not, if there is any road noise at all you won’t hear the exhaust. I’m really impressed with this muffler. Here is my sound clip

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I don't have it set up on my car at the moment but the guys above me do and it sounds great. And if you want to go all the way, the dual exhaust setup looks incredibly clean too, almost OEM. If you're looking for sound, i'd say the DBX is your best bet.

OP
OP
Mark6751

Mark6751

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Here’s a link to the dbx... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004TRXNNG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
I also have it and recommend it.
& if I was to get a set of tips to replace the hdmi one, I was thinking of something similiar to the hatchback sport with dual tips out the center, would the tip inlet size need to be 2.25 inch to fit over the 2 inch muffler outlet if it was welded on. & 3 inch or 3.5 inch outlet tips look the best? thanks!

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is the 2 inch inlet muffler the correct size for the 19 sport sedan with the 2.0L ? thanks for the information and the link !
I can’t confirm 100% because I have a 2018, but I assume it would.

& if I was to get a set of tips to replace the hdmi one, I was thinking of something similiar to the hatchback sport with dual tips out the center, would the tip inlet size need to be 2.25 inch to fit over the 2 inch muffler outlet if it was welded on. & 3 inch or 3.5 inch outlet tips look the best? thanks!
Your best bet is to stop by the exhaust shop and tell them what you want to do. That’s what I did and the guy said to get everything with a 2 inch inlet. Either way, they can make it all work because they have the couplers and fittings to step up or down in size. I went with the 3 inch tips because mine aren’t centered and they looked best with my diffuser. Seems like they might be a little bigger on the hatchback though.

OP
OP
Mark6751

Mark6751

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Does anybody have a good suggestion for where to find nice dual exhaust tips (similar to the hatchback sport look) that would either weld onto the 2 inch outlet flowmaster dbx muffler or the clamp on would be ok too. are those burnt tip ones any good or think they look good? or better to stick with polished ?

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Does anybody have a good suggestion for where to find nice dual exhaust tips (similar to the hatchback sport look) that would either weld onto the 2 inch outlet flowmaster dbx muffler or the clamp on would be ok too. are those burnt tip ones any good or think they look good? or better to stick with polished ?
Summit Racing has a ton of options. From there, you can cross reference the part number on Amazon and possibly save on shipping...https://www.summitracing.com/search...&sw=Exhaust Tips&N=inlet-diameter-in:2-000-in
Sponsored