Mismatched paint

GDino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe EXT
Hi all, Just registered but have read quite a bit on this forum. I am one of the lucky ones that happened to pick out one of the Civics with really bad mismatched paint. I've read here many of the issues people are having and its hard to believe Honda released this car with so many issues. Don't get me wrong there is a lot to dig about the Civic but quality control is apparently all over the map. Getting back to my issue, the bottom line is all the plastic bumpers look totally different then the body panels. In the sun it looks horrible. In the shade not so terrible. I do understand there will usually be at least a slight variance from metal to plastic but this is downright horrible. I am not sure what the answer is? I certainly don't want it repainted and I doubt Honda would replace all the plastic with ones that might be closer to the body panels. From what I have read and seen even this is an inconsistent problem. I bought the car Memorial Day and really enjoy the ride but its hard to look at the paint with a straight face. I am curious if anyone had this issue rectified and what approach the dealer took for a solution?
Sponsored

greyclocked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic LX
Country flag
You know what bothers me somewhat? The dealership I got my car from stated that they would have repainted my pillars if they had noticed the dents before selling prior to selling the car. Does this mean that a dealership can repaint part of a car and legally not inform the customer that the work was done?

OP
OP

GDino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe EXT
You know what bothers me somewhat? The dealership I got my car from stated that they would have repainted my pillars if they had noticed the dents before selling prior to selling the car. Does this mean that a dealership can repaint part of a car and legally not inform the customer that the work was done?
Umm probably but that is not the case here. I've seen some random pics that clarify mine is not the only one this bad. Mine is the MSM which seems to probably the worst color for the problem. If you look at the picture posted here of the 2017 SI coupe you can clearly see the difference between the plastic and metal parts. Certainly had I noticed it before purchasing I would have chosen another color that was a closer match. It's not the type of thing most people would even look for so I got caught off guard. Like I said I am aware that there will usually be a slight variance in color but this is ridiculously off. The color on the plastic is actually nicer then the body color and seems to have more metallic in it. The back bumper bothers me most because its the biggest area by far where the panels meet. Very frustrating to say the least. I don't even know what a fair compensation should be because a repaint IMO is not.

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
I just looked at the 2017 SI thread and didn't see anything wrong with the paint...? They have the bottom of the car taped up with black tape, maybe that's what you're seeing?

Pics of your car would be nice to actually see the issue you're talking about.

OP
OP

GDino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe EXT
I just looked at the 2017 SI thread and didn't see anything wrong with the paint...? They have the bottom of the car taped up with black tape, maybe that's what you're seeing?

Pics of your car would be nice to actually see the issue you're talking about.
Look at it more closely. Trust me the paint is off. The plastic area's are a deeper gray with more metallic. I don't have a camera that I can upload pics. There is another thread about this topic from back a few months but I guess mechanical issues would take precedence.

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Look at it more closely. Trust me the paint is off. The plastic area's are a deeper gray with more metallic. I don't have a camera that I can upload pics. There is another thread about this topic from back a few months but I guess mechanical issues would take precedence.
You don't have a cell phone that has a camera?

chicubfn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T Coupe, 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L
Bumpers never match body panels 100% anyway...one is plastic and the other is sheet metal. TTIWWP

OP
OP

GDino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Coupe EXT
I have a 20k plus car but no cell phone:rofl::rofl::rofl:
You ever hear of a flip phone JA? No USB, no connection! If you people can't see how off it looks on that MSM SI then it would probably be worthless putting pics up anyway. Anyway so far the mechanics are functioning properly with no rattles to speak of and its really a neat little ride. If someone asks what color my car is I guess all I can say is its "two tone grey"

Last edited:

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You ever hear of a flip phone JA? No USB, no connection! If you people can't see how off it looks on that MSM SI then it would probably be worthless putting pics up anyway. Anyway so far the mechanics are functioning properly with no rattles to speak of and its really a neat little ride. If someone asks what color my car is I guess all I can say is its "two tone grey"
Wait, so you bought a new relatively high tech car but you're still rockin a Jitterbug? :rofl:

Honda Civic 10th gen Mismatched paint 15gtv13

Rawnerve1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 crv
Country flag
Wait, so you bought a new relatively high tech car but you're still rockin a Jitterbug? :rofl:

Honda Civic 10th gen Mismatched paint 15gtv13
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
Sponsored