I just bought 2020 Honda type r, drove it home to dealer, my paint is ruined on flare kit only around car!!!!!!!

James3spearchucker

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I have few other cars 2019 Porsche gt3 rs, 2009 gt500 super snake, 2009 gt500 427 pace car, 2019 Dodge Ram Laramie I very happy with the Honda Civic, Type R
I just wouldn’t be happy if it was painted from dealership , plus I offered the $1000 to dealer just so I can not have the brand new type R painted, factory paint usually last a long time, the color might change over time, may not match , hope the new car has no issues.
Life is a learning journey and we are not supposed to know it all all any point. If you had only put say 39 miles on the car on the weekend and then returned it, the zero bucks owed might have worked. Once 500 miles are on there...it is harder for them to get near full price for it, but dealers are experts at extracting dollars from customers, so they are definitely not worried about making money and Honda is their cash-cow, especially Type R's! The thing about many dealers is that they are obscenely obsessed about money and care about little to nothing else. And from what I have seen, Honda allows US dealers to do whatever the hell they want.

When I received my lower Honda Civic, I was excited that it was on the train(in transit from port)and would not be test-driven by anyone. These little joys are short-lived because Honda dealers just suck. The dealer did not remove the adhesive that holds the plastic film on the hood and roof so after driving it a few hundred miles back home and dirt adhering to it and then washing the car, I inadvertently scratched my own car until I realized what was happening(too late). Not to mention the first year of owning it, a car hit the side mirror and damaged it on the driver side. Later wind blew a shopping cart into the front bumper. In short, shit happened!

Certainly if you can afford a Type R, you are getting a nicer Civic than mine and at least the first few days should be like a sweet honeymoon. Enjoy driving your new ride whenever it happens. Remember its a harsh world out there!
Sponsored

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I think you are right, Now that I think about it I think they did put tire shine on the car when I left
I had the exact same problem when I picked up my 2018 Hatch, and drove it home ~15km away.
Car had 26km (~16 miles) on the odometer after taking it home.
Cleaner / clay bar does not get it off; it's burned into the clear / paint.
It's an oily substance; you can see it was on the tire sidewalls.

I e-mailed my dealer's GM with pictures attached. They told me to bring the car back in as soon as possible, so I brought it back within the same week. GM came out, looked at it, confirmed it's in the clear/paint. Immediately took it in, and got it fixed that day (we have a certified Honda/Acura shop nearby).

What pissed me off...the sales rep told me it must have been crap from the road, and I should've bought the paint protection plan. WTF...

Honda Civic 10th gen I just bought 2020 Honda type r, drove it home to dealer, my paint is ruined on flare kit only around car!!!!!!! Honda_Stain_Front_Driver_Side_Before_Cleaning_1

Honda Civic 10th gen I just bought 2020 Honda type r, drove it home to dealer, my paint is ruined on flare kit only around car!!!!!!! Honda_Stain_Front_Driver_Side_After_Cleaning_3

Honda Civic 10th gen I just bought 2020 Honda type r, drove it home to dealer, my paint is ruined on flare kit only around car!!!!!!! Honda_Stain_Rear_Driver_Side_Aftere_Cleaning_2

Honda Civic 10th gen I just bought 2020 Honda type r, drove it home to dealer, my paint is ruined on flare kit only around car!!!!!!! Honda_Stain_Finger_sample

Last edited:
OP
OP
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
If the dealer did the dam
I had the exact same problem when I picked up my 2018 Hatch, and drove it home ~15km away.

I e-mailed my dealer's GM with pictures attached. They told me to bring the car back in as soon as possible, so I brought it back within the same week. GM came out, looked at it, confirmed it's in the clear/paint. Immediately took it in, and got it fixed that day (we have a certified Honda/Acura shop nearby).

What pissed me off...the sales rep told me it must have been crap from the road, and I should've bought the paint protection plan. WTF...

Honda_Stain_Front_Driver_Side_Before_Cleaning_1.jpg

Honda_Stain_Front_Driver_Side_After_Cleaning_3.jpg

Honda_Stain_Rear_Driver_Side_Aftere_Cleaning_2.jpg

Honda_Stain_Finger_sample.jpg

OP
OP
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic type R
Country flag
If

Honda_Stain_Front_Driver_Side_Before_Cleaning_1.jpg

Honda_Stain_Front_Driver_Side_After_Cleaning_3.jpg

Honda_Stain_Rear_Driver_Side_Aftere_Cleaning_2.jpg

Honda_Stain_Finger_sample.jpg
if the dealer put tire shine on a new car, and damage the car, the dealer should take the car back and take the loss, I already return my car, now they are making me wait until they get the title back and the warranty money back then there going to send me a chech, let see what kind of review I going to give their dealership when they pull this shot on me. Haha

Charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just do what I did -

Hey guys, when I pick up my car -

DON'T WASH OR DETAIL IT - just basic PDI - hand it to me - I'll be cleaning it up. No front plate either.

DONE.

Then say 'If any of those are done, I will more than likely pass on the car. If you meet those minor requests I'll have a little something extra for you' then tip them like 50-100 bucks for not ruining things with basic shit.

Grease the wheel before it needs grease.
I do that before every service too. They (as part of customer service which is nice) will wash the customers car. I always wash it prior myself and ask them not to touch it. On a different topic, a window washer at a set of lights came up to me and I said no. I saw a dishwashing liquid bottle near his bucket. I guess they don’t care about potentially messing up a car so long as they get their coin.

JW0914

Banned
Banned
First Name
JW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 Orion Nebula
Country flag
I just purchased a brand new Honda type r, drove it home to my house which was 100 miles away from dealer, found a bunch of spots on the flare kit around inter wheel wells and some on bottom where door meets, the darks spots will not come out...
When did people lose their common sense? Why in the world are you posting this to a forum when all you need to do is take the vehicle back to the dealership to have the part warrantied?

Seriously folks... common sense.
Sponsored