Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's

Deleted member 2574

Yeah, based on other forum posts and comments, they know about it. Mine fit and are secure. Just keep in mind you'll need to use both gaskets if you install it in our Civic. $120 plus $5 shipping, no tax for NY.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RedTouringMA

RedTouringMA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rallye Red Civic Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, based on other forum posts and comments, they know about it. Mine fit and are secure. Just keep in mind you'll need to use both gaskets if you install it in our Civic. $120 plus $5 shipping, no tax for NY.
Oh wow, when I had talked to them, there is a set they make for 40 dollars. I wonder what is the difference between what you got and the 40 dollar set?

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2014 Honda Civic EX-L Navi
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I used the XML2 on my 9th Gen Civic and it worked great. Only issue I had was the whistling sound of from the fan but this 10th Gen Civic is so much quieter. I use Cree ETI on my 9th Gen Low Beams, High Beams/DRL and Fog lights now. Using Philips XtremeVision on my 10th Gen Civic.

Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's 20160303_064454

Honda Civic 10th gen Driving/Fog Lights changed over to white LED's 20160303_064428

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Oh wow, when I had talked to them, there is a set they make for 40 dollars. I wonder what is the difference between what you got and the 40 dollar set?
From Diode Dynamics Website:

BRIGHTNESS
Diode Dynamics offers several brightness options so you can choose what fits you best. These options are listed by the design and the lumen output of each bulb, compared to the factory bulb.

HP48: 265 lumens. Slightly lower brightness than factory.
XP80: 510 lumens. Similar brightness to factory.
XML2: 1410 lumens. Much brighter than factory. These are bright!

Deleted member 2574

As you can see from my garage photos, the light isn't as concentrated as the OEM. It's hard to tell if the XML2 is brighter. They're more diffused. Are they worth $120, not sure. I bought it because of the stated lumens, the 3 year warranty, and the company's presence (youtube videos, forum support, etc.). I'm happy with them for now.

CosmicTouring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As you can see from my garage photos, the light isn't as concentrated as the OEM. It's hard to tell if the XML2 is brighter. They're more diffused. Are they worth $120, not sure. I bought it because of the stated lumens, the 3 year warranty, and the company's presence (youtube videos, forum support, etc.). I'm happy with them for now.
From my experience the Cree ETI are the brightest. However, I like the light output of the Philips LED and how it directs the light toward the back of the reflectors. Has a sharp cutoff line not to blind incoming drivers and light pattern closest to halogen bulb.

Diode Dynamics

Automotive Lighting Experts
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2015 Mustang, 2015 ProCharged F-150
Country flag
We are actively searching for a 10th Gen Civic here in St. Louis to bring into our studio for professional comparison photos and to film installation videos.

It's always helpful to see each product installed on the vehicle so you get an accurate representation of how each bulb will perform in the factory housings.

For those of you asking about the output of our products, our engineering team measures all of our products extensively to ensure that the lumen output numbers are 100% accurate. Here's a video highlighting some of those processes:

Even if you decide not to purchase with us, I strongly recommend visiting our research section to learn more about automotive lighting technology. We are excited to be a part of this forum, and we look forward to educating members about lighting and preventing misconceptions and false information from spreading through the forums.

http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/research-1.html

If you ever have lighting-related questions, feel free to reach out!

Thanks,
Nick C.
Sponsored