• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.

CW CTR for sale

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Last guy flaked the day before he was supposed to get here to pick it up, so it is still for sale. Talking to 2 others, but, yeah.... it's not sold until I have money in my hands, ha
That's pretty crazy your having a hard time selling this CTR with such low miles that even a new car would probably have after a few test drives. I think you have the lowest priced CTR as of date and if your not getting your asking price, all those eBay guys asking for more are definitely not going to get anything over 36k-37k for their used pre-owned CTR's unless someone is very desperate and can't wait.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
I think most of it has to do with my location. I get so many messages from people in California but they are timid to deal with shipping and getting a car sight-unseen. I totally understand that. I've bought a lot of cars out of state so it doesn't bother me, but I can understand why it would for most.

If it helps for anyone reading this and considering it, I have several references I can provide.

If I had this car in SoCal and put it up on Craigslist for this price, it would be gone quick I believe.

brun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 ABM CTR #358, '01 2JZ-GTE IS300, '08 TW FA5, '15 WDP MDX SH-AWD ENT
Country flag
man wish i saw this before i bought mine.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
I think most of it has to do with my location. I get so many messages from people in California but they are timid to deal with shipping and getting a car sight-unseen. I totally understand that. I've bought a lot of cars out of state so it doesn't bother me, but I can understand why it would for most.

If it helps for anyone reading this and considering it, I have several references I can provide.

If I had this car in SoCal and put it up on Craigslist for this price, it would be gone quick I believe.
Yeah this car would sell in a heartbeat out here in SoCal. Plus another advantage is the sales tax would be a lot less buying through a private party sale because our sales tax is calculated at 10%.

LongRun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Plus another advantage is the sales tax would be a lot less buying through a private party sale because our sales tax is calculated at 10%.
No, you still have to pay sales tax on a private party sale.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
No, you still have to pay sales tax on a private party sale.
I know but it's a lot less when it's a cash deal through a private party sale because the deal is between the seller and buyer and whatever price is reported on the title of certificate is the price reported to the dmv to pay state sales tax. That is the best advantage of buying through a private party sale and it's nobody's business other than what the seller and buyer agreed on.

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
I know but it's a lot less when it's a cash deal through a private party sale because the deal is between the seller and buyer and whatever price is reported on the title of certificate is the price reported to the dmv to pay state sales tax. That is the best advantage of buying through a private party sale and it's nobody's business other than what the seller and buyer agreed on.
Hah! Texas doesn't allow that. On private party car sales (or any car sales for that matter) you have to pay sales taxes on the vehicle's black book value minus whatever conditioning or mechanical issues there might be. Conversely, we only pay 6.25% sales tax on vehicles.

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Hah! Texas doesn't allow that. On private party car sales (or any car sales for that matter) you have to pay sales taxes on the vehicle's black book value minus whatever conditioning or mechanical issues there might be. Conversely, we only pay 6.25% sales tax on vehicles.
Here is a clear example of what I am talking about. I would totally buy this one but not for 42k. There are plenty of dealerships in California selling them brand new for around 42k and I rather take the dealership route to purchase a new one if I was going to pay that much. It says on the add it was purchased out of state so they must have got a good deal on that car.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/2017-honda-civic-type-with-20/6350649394.html

Last edited:

shihabp79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #2740
Country flag
Here is a clear example of what I am talking about. I would totally buy this one but not for 42k. There are plenty of dealerships in California selling them brand new for around 42k and I rather take the dealership route to purchase a new one if I was going to pay that much. It says on the add it was purchased out of state so they must have got a good deal on that car.

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/cto/d/2017-honda-civic-type-with-20/6350649394.html
I'm not saying that you couldn't in other states, sorry about that. You used to be able to state whatever you wanted for a private party sale here but the Texas comptroller office caught onto that and changed the tax rules.

OP
OP
uncleben

uncleben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 CW CTR, 06 GPW S2000, 00 FPB Integra Type R, 10 BMW 535i M-sport
Pending sale.... again....