2016 Honda civic ex starter and alternator issue

Envy Eddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
Hey so I had an issue where my car didn’t turn on. I hear my alternator went bad need to replace that and the belt. Got my car back and the car still didn’t start. I took it back and my mechanic told me that the alternator fried the starter because of the alternator low voltage strained the starter windings. Is this possible? I just got a new starter last year.
Sponsored

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
You had to pick the car up from the mechanic didn't you? It started then correct? So it intermittently doesn't start. The part about the alternator killing the starter is BS. Not a real thing. Not sure why your car needed a starter to begin with but something else is up that you need two starters and an alternator in one year. Someone isn't diagnosing right or something else is going on.

OP
OP

Envy Eddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
You had to pick the car up from the mechanic didn't you? It started then correct? So it intermittently doesn't start. The part about the alternator killing the starter is BS. Not a real thing. Not sure why your car needed a starter to begin with but something else is up that you need two starters and an alternator in one year. Someone isn't diagnosing right or something else is going on.
The alternator for sure needed to be fix. When I tried to start the car it would start her and there without a problem now. But after a while of it not turned on it wouldn’t bother starting. The battery is good and the alternator is good too. Because once the jump starts there isn’t an issue. And I checked the battery in autozone and it’s at 100 percent. The alternator belt also needed to be replaced. It’s could have been me trying to turn on the car over and over that broke the starter not sure. It didn’t even want to bother trying to start the car

OP
OP

Envy Eddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex
Country flag
When I try to start it I just hear two clicks that’s it

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag

I agree.