PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a MT the turbo is the limitation, well that and the stock clutch according to Vit. if you have a CVT, the CVT is the limitation.
CVT or DP restriction?

on a custom tune, ktuner through VITtuned on 93 octane will a Downpipe give you worthwhile gains that won't exceed the limits of our CVT? not trying to spend money on unnecessary parts here guys.
Sponsored

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a MT the turbo is the limitation, well that and the stock clutch according to Vit. if you have a CVT, the CVT is the limitation.
also the CVT is limited by torque over HP, so a turbo upgrade will increase the HP then a DP will see gains... but do you really want to push more than 250hp 220 tq in a CVT? dp won't see any gains without turbo. a tune can do the same thing.

Quicksipper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' EX-T, 05' LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ive been told that my 91 octane tune will benefit by adding a catless downpipe
gotcha, you must be ign. limited. do you have an idea as to how much power your putting down, on a custom 91 tune I'm guessing around 200hp because of Vits post? I thought it would be much more.

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I thought the turbo was the restriction so you can still improve HP with a DP on a custom tune and high octane? just trying to set the record straight here.
No idea. Guess I'll find out

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Here are some teasers of our new cat that we will be testing. It features a unique shape/design for better o2 angle and placement, as well as features a unique high-load coating to keep CELs off. We will let you know what we find!
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X DSCN0226_zpslth5jtzt

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X DSCN0224_zpsnrtxafwy

Stock DP compared to our 3" flange!
Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X DSCN0227_zpsk4wlaa7

Honda Civic 10th gen PRL Motorsports Front Pipe Pre-Order 1.5T Civic X DSCN0228_zpsb1ss0hxa

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Noob question here but if i order the catted front/downpipe, will i need a tune for that?

OP
OP
PRL Motorsports

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Noob question here but if i order the catted front/downpipe, will i need a tune for that?
If we succeed with our goal of keeping all o2 related CELs off with this cat, there will be no need for a tune on the catted downpipe. Obviously a tune will yeild even greater results, but it won't be necessary. The testing on our shop car showed results WITHOUT a tune, meaning the average consumer can install this without a tune, and drive away with gains.

RallyeRedHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Checks back daily:hide: to see if we hit 15% yet.....really wish some of these window shoppers would pull the trigger....lol :stirthepot:

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just 2 more, lol
Really just one more. Tenth person in the pool causes the bump to 15%, there are enough people that seem like they would fit the description, so all we need is an altruistic #9 to get in and confirm for us that the water isn't cold.